Olivewood and PR Clicker

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
What's this????? The Rat using WOOD !!!??:eek:

This is the newish clicker from LauLau Woods. I like the style of the kit, but I think the clicker is a bit noisey.
This has PR Princess' solid white PR with 8 bits of Olivewood.
All comments welcomed.

Attachments

• WhiteWood6.jpg
    WhiteWood6.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 348
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Steven That looks great fortunately you managed to have the bulk of the pen in a non wood material, use caution, you are approaching the DARK SIDE :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

rherrell

Beautiful pen Steven:cool: I've made a few of these and I must say I'm not impressed with them either. Besides the clicker being loud it's also too stiff, IMO. They're also a pain to drill and finish. Just my opinion folks and worth exactly what you paid for it.:biggrin::wink:

avbill

This is a beautiful pen. Your combination is outstanding.:)

For the longest time I have tired this design in my pen without success. I have been slicing at a diagonal 30 degrees the pen blank about 1/4" into the blank. Then glue a strip of wood. into the slot. I have either blown the blank out. Blown the strip out. Or have not gotten the slot line even. Or the inlay wood has become so small . There has to be a balance that works.

Could you express your success into a written form.

thank you!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Thanks all. I like this one too:biggrin:

This is a beautiful pen. Your combination is outstanding.:)

For the longest time I have tired this design in my pen without success. I have been slicing at a diagonal 30 degrees the pen blank about 1/4" into the blank. Then glue a strip of wood. into the slot. I have either blown the blank out. Blown the strip out. Or have not gotten the slot line even. Or the inlay wood has become so small . There has to be a balance that works.

Could you express your success into a written form.

thank you!

Bill, to stop the design from dissapearing, I suggest decreasing the angle from 30 deg to say about 10. Also make the cut down to the centre of the blank. If you only cut 1/4 in a 1 inch blank, then by the time the blank is rounded to 1/2 in, the pattern you have done will be gone.

My one was cut to exactly on the centre line and the wood actually started beyond the ends of the tubed blank. If I had not tapered the ends and left the middle as big, then the pattern would have been much smaller.:wink:
I can't help with the blow outs as I get more than my fair share too:mad:

jttheclockman

Wow, that is one of those pens where you need to have the pen rotating so you can see all sides. I seen someone do that before and it was a coool effect. Wish I knew how they did it. It looks so 3D like.

Top Bottom