Olivewood Comfort Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from pecartus

Status
Not open for further replies.

pecartus

I have been busy on the ole lathe the past few days, and with the camera as well. This pen was made from Bethlehem Olivewood and I just like this wood. Let me know what I can do to improve the picture. All good and bad critique's are welcomed.

Image Insert:
193_062904-Olivewood%20Comfort%20Pen%201%20-%20peg.jpg

64.02KB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

Beautiful Pen.
the first thing you can do withthe photo is make it smaller. it is running of the screen for me. the only other thing I see in this oen is the focus is a little fuzzy. can't see just where tha point of focus is so it probably came jsut a tad short. I looked at the one in the photos section to just to make sure it isn't because it is so large here. everything else is real good. I can tell the taexture of the background material is even showing. I can see the details in the clip and band. there is a touch of shadow without loosing the pen in itgiving the indication of depth. and the grain is easy to see. leaves me thinking I am relly seeing this pen as it is.
very good job.

timdaleiden

I agree with Daniel. Nice pen and all, but it is a big picture. I don't mind the big pix in the photo albums, but when it is posted in the forums, it makes it difficult to read all of the following posts. Resizing photos is pretty easy, even with a simple program (paint)that comes with every Windows version since Win95. If you, or anybody else is not sure how to resize a photo, just ask.

melchioe

Beautiful pen, I couldn't agree with you more about the wood.

It's hard to be certain without more information, but I suspect the slight fuzziness of this picture might be because the camera is too close to the pen. How far away was it? The main focus issues for digicams include:
- distance from object (most digicams need to be a few feet away from the subject)
- steadiness (moving camera, suddenly pressing the switch instead of gently sqeezing it, not using a tripod or other support when using a long exposure)
- autofocus, especially if the focus area of the picture is pointed to the background - on my camera, autofocus area is indicated by a set of square brackets in the viewfinder.

To help diagnose the picture issues, I would typically ask the following questions:
What kind of camera? What speed of shutter? What were the light conditions? How far away was the camera? Was the camera supported by a tripod or table, or held in hand? Was a flash used?

pecartus

Everyone thanks for the positive critiques, but here comes the excuses, this isnt the picture that was supposed to be downloaded, I think what happened was I got distracted when I was getting ready to download and left not realizing what had happen until later after all kind comments. I hope Jeff will read this post, is there anyway you can delete this picture, the one in my photo album is better than the one here. Sorry about the picture, I know it makes it difficult to read responses and view the picture.

Ed, the picture was taken at the same time as I took pictures of the Oak and Walnut Wrist Watch Desk set. did you happen to look at that picture [?] I really appreciate your input.

debturnswood

I do not know the first thing about pictures etc.. I just wanted to take this opportunity to tell you I have been looking at your photo album and i think your pens are really good. thanks for sharing.

debturnswood

Hi, I posted this same question in another forum ( i still get lost in here) but since the title is Olive wood, i am asking it here as well... can any one tell me how we can tell if the Bethlehem Olive wood is really Holy land Olive wood. I heard over the week end that there are olive wood groves in California that is the exact same wood... still pretty, but do not want to tell some one they are purchasing an article from holy land if they are not, and do not want to get charged too much to cover import fees etc.... that may not exist.... any feedback always appreciated.

Tom McMillan

I've found the Bethlehem olivewood I've purchased to be very special. I've purchased mine directly from Ghasan and Diane from the Bethlehem Olivewood website, and they've been wonderful to deal with, and have sent me some beautiful wood. I'm sure you could send them an email to find out who carries their Bethlehem olivewood if you're not sure. Thanks, Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom