Olivewood on Blk Ti Jr. Gent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jsolie

jsolie

Here's a Back Ti Jr. Gent dressed in Australian Olivewood and a CA finish. Nib is a Bock, and it currently inked with Noodler's 54th Massachusetts.

IMG_1807-L.jpg

IMG_1806-L.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

iMattDaddy

That is a beautiful pen. I love olive wood and this seems to be a bit darker shade than the olive I've used, and I love it even more.

I found this in trying to find noodler's inks, and you just happen to be local to me. Where do you get your ink from? I'm trying to get familiar with using fountain pens, I picked up a cheap fountain pen ink, and I'm not very happy with it.

jsolie

Thanks, everyone!

I found this in trying to find noodler's inks, and you just happen to be local to me. Where do you get your ink from? I'm trying to get familiar with using fountain pens, I picked up a cheap fountain pen ink, and I'm not very happy with it.

I've gotten the Noodler's ink from both Goulet pens and from Exotics. I turned my first fountain pen about a year and a half ago and am hooked. Bock nibs are really nice.

iMattDaddy

Thanks, everyone!

I've gotten the Noodler's ink from both Goulet pens and from Exotics. I turned my first fountain pen about a year and a half ago and am hooked. Bock nibs are really nice.

I turned my first fountain pen a few days ago and I'm hooked. Are most of the nibs on these kits replaceable? I'll check out the Bock. I'll have to do some research in the fountain pen forum instead of posting all my questions for you. :biggrin:

jsolie

I turned my first fountain pen a few days ago and I'm hooked. Are most of the nibs on these kits replaceable? I'll check out the Bock. I'll have to do some research in the fountain pen forum instead of posting all my questions for you. :biggrin:

The nibs have been on the component sets I've used. It can be kinda tricky to get the nib and feed out of the housing sometimes. I've also found that sometimes a Bock nib fits nice and tight, other times it needs some gentle persuasion to achieve a tight fit.

Sometimes the stock nibs aren't bad (particularly on Dayacom sets), sometimes they are. I've watched a bunch of YouTube videos on fountain pen care and feeding (with a bit of tuning/tweaking thrown in), and feel that I've only very slightly scratched the surface.

For me, I find I prefer fine point nibs to medium. That being said, I have a 1.5mm wide nib around here somewhere ready to get put on a future pen.

Top Bottom