Olive wood from TJMax

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Phillip Kelley

This is a piece of "genuine" olive wood from Italy, repurposed from a cutting board and placed on a classic.

Attachments

• Olivewood copy.jpg
    Olivewood copy.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 366
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Weird where you can find timber to make pens from....it may not have the fancy 'paperwork printed in someones spare bedroom(Cert. Bethlehem Olivewood)', but it doesn't carry that price either!!!

And if you cut those 'cutting boards' right, you can get a fair amount of penblanks from them! This is one of the better pieces of timber I've seen.

Well turned!!!!

Scott (cheese cutting board?) B

Yes sir! Cheese it is!

I picked that up after our meeting at the park in northwest little Rock last summer! Thank you for the compliments. Hey, did you see that there is the Pen exhibit at the Wyndham today in NLR? I wish I had know earlier,
I would have tried to attend & get some culture....

Weird where you can find timber to make pens from....it may not have the fancy 'paperwork printed in someones spare bedroom(Cert. Bethlehem Olivewood)', but it doesn't carry that price either!!!

And if you cut those 'cutting boards' right, you can get a fair amount of penblanks from them! This is one of the better pieces of timber I've seen.

Well turned!!!!

Scott (cheese cutting board?) B

BSea

That's a great looking pen Phillip. BTW, that pen show is tomorrow too. I went last year, and so did Scott & Lyn. It's interesting, but most of the pens are all production pens. There are some antiques too. Shawn Newton (aka watch_art) will probably be there. I'm not sure if you've been to a meeting when he's been there. He probably hasn't been too one for a year or more. so if you go, be sure & look him up.

PenPal

Phillip beaut pen looks like an abstract painting and I agree Olive wood from wherever is worth while , visiting a mate of mine couple of days ago I sighted some outside a house where someone left it to be collected? I knocked on the door and scored some remnants the backyard tree had been over two feet at the base a massive size IMHO for Olive takes a real long time to grow. Popped a pic in for interest.

Kind regards Peter.

Attachments

• DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 86
Top Bottom