Olive Wood...is the MatcH

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from znachman

znachman

Set of olive wood pens with matched boxes :):)

:):):)

Attachments

• WIA47A4MMQQ.jpg
    WIA47A4MMQQ.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 318
  • WIA5E56MMQQ.jpg
    WIA5E56MMQQ.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 404
  • WIA5E73MMQQ.jpg
    WIA5E73MMQQ.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 340
  • ZarTEC LOGO.jpg
    ZarTEC LOGO.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 357
  • WIA5EB0MQ.jpg
    WIA5EB0MQ.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 271
  • WIA5EB2MMQQ.jpg
    WIA5EB2MMQQ.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 254
  • WIA5E8FMMQQ.jpg
    WIA5E8FMMQQ.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 364
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Is turning Olive Wood for you, like US folks turning Eastern Red Cedar? Always wondered.....

Top notch from my chair! Love the closed end 'accents'...and the shape, purty nice!!

Scott (exotic is only a country away) B

robutacion

Being a Olive wood "lover", the pieces of wood you used to make boxes and pens, are just extraordinary and the type of grain every wants however, I only wish that you could also show to the guys and gals, the amount of Olive wood you had to to through and the amount of waste you endup with, just to make 2 pen boxes and 2 pens. I know what it takes as I cut Olive wood regularly and I enjoy every bit of it but, what you have there is the result of careful and very selective areas of the logs that had the Olive wood grade you were after. Only someone with good access to this wood, could do such a thing, you just can't order, boards, slabs or size blanks with only this sort of wood, well...! you could but, it would cost you a small fortune.

I really like what you done with this wood, and certainly a great utilisation of what you have available around you but, I believe important to make people aware that, you invested a fair amount of Olive wood to create these pieces...!

I'm very lucky to admit that, I could very easily be that selective and process a fair amount of that highest grade Olive wood, play with it and share some of it but, it would be costly...!

Apart from all that, I do appreciate the craftsmanship you put in to those, congrats...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

znachman

Being a Olive wood "lover", the pieces of wood you used to make boxes and pens, are just extraordinary and the type of grain every wants however, I only wish that you could also show to the guys and gals, the amount of Olive wood you had to to through and the amount of waste you endup with, just to make 2 pen boxes and 2 pens. I know what it takes as I cut Olive wood regularly and I enjoy every bit of it but, what you have there is the result of careful and very selective areas of the logs that had the Olive wood grade you were after. Only someone with good access to this wood, could do such a thing, you just can't order, boards, slabs or size blanks with only this sort of wood, well...! you could but, it would cost you a small fortune.

I really like what you done with this wood, and certainly a great utilisation of what you have available around you but, I believe important to make people aware that, you invested a fair amount of Olive wood to create these pieces...!

I'm very lucky to admit that, I could very easily be that selective and process a fair amount of that highest grade Olive wood, play with it and share some of it but, it would be costly...!

Apart from all that, I do appreciate the craftsmanship you put in to those, congrats...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George
:):)

Thank you George you are absolutely right on your description :):):)

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
The pens are brilliant! The boxes are brilliant+++

I love Olivewood... I love pens... But those boxes are soooo nice!!!

Excellent job Itzak! Be proud.

Top Bottom