Olive Wood Cutting Board Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from eharri446

eharri446

A member started a thread about an olive wood cutting board that he found at Marshall's that he felt would make some nice pens.

After reading that post, I bought several of them from a couple of Marshall's stores and paid between $4.99 to $20.00.

The $20.00 is about 12 x 16 x 1 and was clearance priced due to a split in the board.

The others were similar in shape to the one pictured in the initial post. The most expensive of the ones like that one which I bought was $9.99 and should yield 10 or 12 pen blanks that are 3/4 inch think.

Here is a picture of one that I made last night from a smaller one.

View in Gallery

the pen is a Zodiac in Gun Metal from Exoticblanks and the blank is finished with thin CA.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jdubfudge

These are nice. I was at marshalls the other day they had some but I passed because it felt like the wood was saturated with oil, which I guess makes sense for a cutting board. Were the boards you got wet? If so, did it affect turning?

They also had a huge slab over an inch thick and probably 30 inches long. I almost bought it but I don't have any more space for new furniture in the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eharri446

There was a very light coat of oil on the surface. Once I got it turned down round, all of the oil impregnated wood had been turned off.

OZturner

Beautiful Pen, Elwin.
Magnificent Olive Blank, What a great Economic way to get Superb Olive Blanks.
Excellent Fit and Finish.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom