Olive wood...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Phillip Kelley

Bethlehem Olive Wood on a designer...propped up on a small burl...I have had the burl for 2 years now...can't decide how to cut it....:confused:

Attachments

• DSC02856 - Copy.JPG
    DSC02856 - Copy.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Bethlehem Olive Wood on a designer...propped up on a small burl...I have had the burl for 2 years now...can't decide how to cut it....:confused:

Beautiful blank and well executed, congrats...!

I always suggest that, when you have a piece of wood (burl or not) that you can't make your mind of how to cut it, better leave it alone as is, there is always a reason why we have that sort of hesitation and most of times, it means that we will regret to have cut it later on.

That small burl is a great piece as a prop, it look magnificent as it is so, why cut it..?

PS: However, if you decided to cut it, I wouldn't ask to send it to me for disposal, I wouldn't mind have it sent to me so that I could cut it myself and have the pleasure to see the treasure inside.:wink:

Cheers
George

TonyL

I must say...you presented an excellent reason to turn some Designer pens. I like the "fat" profile. I am going to try it. Beautiful job!

TonyL

Phillip, the pen holder almost looks human. the pen is beautiful.

You are right John! But after observing it for a few seconds, it reminds me of a baby sea otter (whatever those furry water beavers are called that are always slamming abalone shells are on their bellys. That pen really pops from within its "arms".

Top Bottom