Olive & Torquoise Triton

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from William Menard

Productive day in the shop, polished up an LSU duck call for the highest bidder at yesterdays benefit, did a little cutting and gluing for up coming projects, and made this Olive Wood pen from Bethlehem, has beautiful grain and had a couple of soft spots that I ended up filling with crushed turquoise. Thanks for the Olive Wood Danny Comb.

Attachments

• 20140601_143922.jpg
    20140601_143922.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 222
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Productive day in the shop, polished up an LSU duck call for the highest bidder at yesterdays benefit, did a little cutting and gluing for up coming projects, and made this Olive Wood pen from Bethlehem, has beautiful grain and had a couple of soft spots that I ended up filling with crushed turquoise. Thanks for the Olive Wood Danny Comb.

Well done, beautiful pen...!

I keep always saying that, particularly with Olive wood, regardless from where it comes from, you will always find the best patterns/grains/colours, where the flaws are, as is the flaws that forces the wood to create all those pretty treasures so, wanting flawless Olive wood blanks only, won't give you the best you could have, you just have to accept that, there will be some repair/filling to be done and if the right filling material is selected, that "repair/filling" will become your selling point and value ($) justifier, this is off-course, my opinion...!:)

Cheers
George

Top Bottom