Olive reworked...a pair of beauties

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Phillip Kelley

I have posted these separately but after listening to suggestions and advice, I tried to photgraph them without distracting props. I am still dis-satisfied with my lighting skills but hopefully this shows off their fantastic grain...
Open to suggestions & critisism.

Attachments

• PairA copy.jpg
    PairA copy.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 207
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Concava

The kit on top is the Concava without the "cave" the directions suggested...lol The clip is bent or twisted & I can't seem to get it straight. I bought several of these & I hope all of them don't have the same problem.

very nice. what is the kit on top?

Last edited:

BSea

Looking at the bottom pen, it looks like the nib is a little out of focus. About the only comment I would make is to work on your depth of field to fix this issue. If you are using the automatic mode, just back up a bit. You should still have enough resolution to get the same detail once the picture is cropped. If you are using manual settings, use a larger F stop. I think on my setup, I get a reading of 22 based on an ISO of 100. Hope that helps.

Maybe we can have a camera workshop at our next meeting. Scott is pretty good taking pictures. Maybe there is a real photographer in our little group.

But those pens are beautiful. So nothing to criticize there.

plantman

Beautyful Olive grain on your pens Philip, nice detail. It looks like you are using overhead lighting. I would try a three lite system to get rid of the shadows. Left front, right front, and rear going in the diretion of the pen barrel, mounted about 6-12 inches above your surface and pointed down. Just the way I do it, but, I'm no pro!! Jim S

Top Bottom