Olive on a pedastal less the cave....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Phillip Kelley

Here is a stunning piece of highly figured Olive, repurposed from a cutting board. The board is about gone, so I guess I am off to look for another one! The gun metal kit is my 1st Concava but I opted to leave the "cave" out and leave it slightly convex.

Attachments

• DSC01428.JPG
    DSC01428.JPG
    182.5 KB · Views: 266
  • DSC01431.JPG
    DSC01431.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 171
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

New Bill

Looks great!

A TJMaxx just opened by us. Took SWMBO to look around. They had some olive wood cutting boards that looked good. They didn't look thick enough to make anything but slims though. Going to go back and measure them. Think it was around $15.

robutacion

Here is a stunning piece of highly figured Olive, repurposed from a cutting board. The board is about gone, so I guess I am off to look for another one! The gun metal kit is my 1st Concava but I opted to leave the "cave" out and leave it slightly convex.

Not long ago, someone asked how a highly figured/exhibition grade Olive wood pen blanks, should look, well....! this pens gives the answer...!

There is only one grade above this, and there is the Olive wood burl highly figured, there is, identical figure but, full of burl eyes. Those are as rare as money in my pocket...!:eek::wink::biggrin:

Great piece of Olive wood and magnificent workmanship, congrats...!

PS: If I had a place here where I could buy cutting boards with such figured Olive wood, I would stop chasing Olive trees to make pen blanks with, for sure...!:)

Cheers
George

johncrane

Phillip! great looking pen! a much much better shaped pen than the concave! i luv the blank you used and the design, i also think if you loose the black stand and done a close up photo,you would have a worthy frontpage pen.

Thanks!

This newly developed hobby (from skills put on the shelf for years) certainly is a multifacited, exciting & fulfilling venture! The photgraphy part is something that I have never fooled with very much but am learning...I will take your advice/suggestion & go back to my newly acquired "tent" & see what I can do...lighing seems to be a key that I am experimenting with as well....:cool:

Phillip! great looking pen! a much much better shaped pen than the concave! i luv the blank you used and the design, i also think if you loose the black stand and done a close up photo,you would have a worthy frontpage pen.

BSea

I too really like the form of this pen vrs the concave look. And the olive looks great with the gunmetal finish.

Looks great!

A TJMaxx just opened by us. Took SWMBO to look around. They had some olive wood cutting boards that looked good. They didn't look thick enough to make anything but slims though. Going to go back and measure them. Think it was around $15.
I've found both thick (3/4"), and the thinner boards like you describe. Kinda seems a shame to make slimlines from this wood. But they will be stunning.

Top Bottom