Olive & Lignum Vitae

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Trying out some new combo's of wood. This was my first time turning Lignum Vitae and I must say I really like it. Making this one has sparked an idea for a couple new pens using this wood. Each segment was hand sanded square and glued with thick CA. The finish is a combo of thin and medium CA. I'm hoping that the Lignum Vitae will turn a bit more green once it's had it's time in the sun for a better color separation. Thanks for looking and any comments/critiques more than welcomed!

100_0789.jpg
100_0798.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

Nice Finish Brooks! I have wondered that same question. Is that in fact true? that it will get more green with more exposure to sunlight?

patmurris

Nice work with this europeen kit.

I did a pen with bulnesia (lignum vitae, verawood) that came out brown but turned a dark green after some time in the light - not very long. Quite surprising. Did you like the smell of the timber? It keeps this scent a long time too.

wizard

Great looking pen !! Really nice combination and superb finish. Never worked with those woods but they look great. Regards, Doc

Brooks803

Thanks everyone! It makes me proud to see all the kind words about my finishes lately. Guess I'm doin something right. I'll keep yall posted on the color changes if they occur

crabcreekind

Nice Finish Brooks! I have wondered that same question. Is that in fact true? that it will get more green with more exposure to sunlight?

yes that is true, my pens at the store sit in some sunlight (not direct) and when i took them the pen was greenish and now they are dark green

Top Bottom