olie pod

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from laurie sullivan

Status
Not open for further replies.
now that spring is here i don't have a lot of shop time. but i was able to finish this one. olie pod with a celtic knot of soda can and credit card. yes that a old long board.

laurie

DSC_0016.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Marc Phillips

Very nice... I use to have a Jacobs when I was a youngster surfing in So Cal... monster board... 11' 6" ... so wide I could not get my arm around it to carry it, so used to drag it through the sand - wore the fin down quite a bit :)

ahoiberg

very nice laurie.

is there a tutorial somewhere on inlaying patterns? are you just cutting out the area with an exacto when you turn it down or what?

a beauty!

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Laurie,
That pen is beautiful. I love the wood!!!

If you want all the portions of the knot to be lined up at the end, make sure that your "fill" is the same thickness as your saw kerf. If the fill is smaller, the first inlay will get shorter and short as you do the others; if the fill is bigger, the first inlay will get longer and longer.

GK

richstick1

I agree- I'd LOVE to see a tutorial on how to do the inlays such as this - I can somewhat visualize how you make them, but I'd love a little help. I'd love to do some pens with inlays like that, as well as fishing rod reelseats and handles (I'm a custom rodbuilder primarily)...

jtate

Did anybody ever locate a tutorial for how to do this?

Laurie, Care to kind of lay it out for us? Just in words, you don't have to draw it or make photos or anything. All us noobs would surely appreciate it.

Julia

Originally posted by jtate
<br />Did anybody ever locate a tutorial for how to do this?

Laurie, Care to kind of lay it out for us? Just in words, you don't have to draw it or make photos or anything. All us noobs would surely appreciate it.

Julia

byounghusband pointed you to the Yahoo Penturners group. But here is the link...

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/ENc7RlHPmq2MebPQG8c9mC3TcKdIbgpIpbbLqLxL2TJFc_dVue3sLmBKXCEx7IyCc3BKHzRjsNDhvMKRvdN85auumDsEBUs0d2uHOg/Special%20Techniques/DoubleCrossPen.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom