Oldie but goodie - PF pen and pencil in Amboyna Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hilltopper46

hilltopper46

Perfect Fit pen and pencil set in Amboyna burl. Custom order for a co-worker's Christmas present for her husband.

Attachments

• Pen963a.JPG
    Pen963a.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 252
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lyonsacc

Very nice looking set! How do you like the perfect fit kits? Early on I had some quality issues with a kit that looks similar to the perfect fit, so I guess it scared me away from that style of pen. Would be nice to add something of that style that has a good pencil kit to my little inventory.

hilltopper46

Very nice looking set! How do you like the perfect fit kits? Early on I had some quality issues with a kit that looks similar to the perfect fit, so I guess it scared me away from that style of pen. Would be nice to add something of that style that has a good pencil kit to my little inventory.

I get along with the PF pretty well. It has been around for many years and has a couple unique features to it. You do need to cut a tenon. The transmission is a 1/4 turn transmission and as far as I know is unique to the PF in the pen turning world.

They sell it as "convertible" to a pencil with the simple addition of the Schmidt pencil cartridge and it does work well for this with no other modifications required. It is a nice size - noticeably larger than a 7mm pen but not so large as a cigar/big ben, etc.

I have had the clips break off a couple of them.

Top Bottom