Old school?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Chatham PenWorks

I made a few black caps for some of my pens. To me, it gives them an old school look. What do you guys think? Good, bad, or ugly, all comments welcome.

image-2923467011.jpg. image-4099350843.jpg. image-2542972173.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jaeger

The Black looks GREAT with the Chrome/Rhodium. The style accents the lower blank very well. You could specialize your line with this style of pen as a " series" and this would give your customers more reason to buy more than one. You could even pick out a nice leatherette pen case with the series name printed on the case.
If you had a "series" line you could create more excitement through your marketing and just plain talking to people as you discuss your pens.

Nice work!

SDB777

(Just my thoughts)- The black caps work very well set against the lighter colored lower bodies. But look a little out of place with the darker ones...but at the same time the cap also compliments the body finial.(Go figure, I'm more confusing when I start thinking):eek:

Sure would be easier to make a couple dozen caps and have them ready to mate up with a body of the customers choosing....

Scott (nicely polished caps too) B

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Glad to see the old style continuing. I prefer narrower bands, but that's just personal taste. Your pens look great. Thank you for lifting this style of pen making.

Katya

I love this look! I made a Churchill with this in mind. But I didn't know the convention, so put the coloured blank on the cap and the black ebonite on the barrel. Like yours better<g>.

Have you used ebonite here, or black acrylic? Do you have a preference?

Thanks for all the feedback, guys.

Jaeger, I like the series idea. Thank you.

Scott, You've got the same idea as me. Only the turquoise, fruity pebble, and orange were made with black caps. The others have matching caps, and the black is an option.

I love this look! I made a Churchill with this in mind. But I didn't know the convention, so put the coloured blank on the cap and the black ebonite on the barrel. Like yours better<g>.

Have you used ebonite here, or black acrylic? Do you have a preference?

Thanks Katya. All but the fruity pebble is jet black acrylic, and that one is a madrapearlato (sp) black acrylic.

Penl8the

Yussef,

Very nice series. I like them.

I am familiar with this kit. What kind of pen kit is that?

Top Bottom