Old Rugged Cross

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gilrock

Gilrock

I asked my wife to paint a couple sets of tubes and I finally got the materials to attempt my first casting. I'm glad it worked out first try...I was worried about ruining her work. She painted the phrase "On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross." on the cap with a scene of 3 crosses on the pen section. I told her next time she needs to step it up cause there's a 6 year old on here kicking butt. ;)

Thanks for looking,
Gil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ironman123

Gil, that is fabulous. I really like that. Oh yes, you did pretty good too. (Just joking)

You both did a great job.

Ray

Ray

ctubbs

Now that is wonderful, a husband and his bride working together to produce art worth seeing. Congratulations to you both on a job very well done.
Charles

Grizz

Banned
That is the kind of casting I'd be interesting in purchasing.

wiset1

Don't mind the 6 year old, he's too busy with star wars and sponge bob at the moment, ha ha ha. The pen looks great and it's something that you and your wife can do together which is great! Keep them coming

Gilrock

Thanks for all the kind comments. The funniest part was when she was trying to figure out what that smell was in the house. I let it cure in the garage the first night and took it in the house the second day into a spare room. I was nervous that the material might turn out brittle but it ended up a dream to turn. I used my tools all the way to the bushings...

Thanks,
Gil

Gilrock

Really high-class work, Gil!!

Congratulations!!

Thanks Ed....you know I don't know much about fountain pens yet so out of curiosity I did order an upgraded nib with this pen kit but the seller must have thought I knew how to install it...LOL.

Last edited:

Gilrock

nice job, did you have to put any thing over the acrylic paint before you cast it. thank bernie

Well I just got an email from my wife...she found this website somehow and saw you're question and sent me her reply... :)

"This was a learning experience for the both of us....After I painted the tubes, I wanted it to sparkle in the sky area so I used a sparkle varnish. The only thing I have noticed is that the sun I painted isn't as intense and popping out like it was before the resin was poured over it. As I do more and play around with different techniques and learning to actually paint on a much smaller canvas I will learn as I go, but for our first try it was a pretty cool outcome and lot of fun to do."

doug57

Thanks, I may have to make a trip to Wally-world this afternoon.

Again, beautiful pen. You both did an excellent job!

Top Bottom