Old Oak Souvenirs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JD Combs Sr

JD Combs Sr

Opps hit the wrong button, posted w/o pics.:rolleyes:

Several of the men from my church help deconstruct an old house(maybe 150yrs or more old) on a lot that we bough for parking. I salvaged some oak from a 6x6 Oak foundation timber and made each worker a souvenir of the work.

This is a closeup of one example of the ten.
All are PSI Chrome Executive style pens.
IMG_5012_1_3_Detail.jpg IMG_5071_0_2_Detail.jpg

I also made one from some flooring from one of the rooms but didn't like the way it turned. It was a soft pine of some sort and tore out pretty bad. I also think it was a lot newer than the rest of the house.
IMG_5075_8_10_Detail.jpg

This one has nothing to do with the house. It is made from stabilized(Cactus Juice) old Chestnut(sap wood) from a friends barn he tore down. Lots of tracks through this wood.
Woodcraft Gold click pen.
IMG_5124_3_5_Detail.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JD Combs Sr

Nice, nice, nice. Lots of that old wood makes beautiful things. Good job.
Ray
Thanks Ray, made some more blanks from it a couple days ago but went with a bias cut that includes both sap and heartwood. Will post one when I get one made.

I love that chestnut pen. And making pens for the guys was a great idea1
Thanks Stephen, I love the color and grain pattern, to bad is is all but extinct. The guys all worked very hard and I thought they might appreciate a souvenir.

Very nice job!
Thanks Jim, appreciate the comment. BTW I went to grade school in Ohio with some Fitzpatricks. Your not from around the Adams Co. OH area are you?

Great looking pens. Very nice work.
Thanks for the comments Ray. Will be posting some more a little later.

Top Bottom