Old is new again

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from apple320

apple320

I got this nib and section at a local market near my work. The body was toast so at the time I thought I could get enough parts to put a pen back together. Well that was not to be so while I was going through my stock drawers of both material as well as pen sections I found the section again. The green body was a sample from a company I think In Germany and the green top was from one of my dad's old screwdrivers that I had borrowed years ago.

IMG_2551.jpg

The rest of the Story

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mr

Chris as always you are an inspiration for making beautiful pens out of vintage throw away parts. I always look forward to seeing your creations. When do we get to see the uncapped photos? :tongue:

IPD_Mr

Thanks for pointing out the link I missed. Is that a Sheaffer lifetime or feathertouch? That is really cool. Takes a lot of guts to mess with a Sheaffer since they like to use left and right hand threads. We need to send some notes back and forth about thread sizes on vintage pens. Either that or I need to learn how to measure threads.

apple320

Thanks for pointing out the link I missed. Is that a Sheaffer lifetime or feathertouch? That is really cool. Takes a lot of guts to mess with a Sheaffer since they like to use left and right hand threads. We need to send some notes back and forth about thread sizes on vintage pens. Either that or I need to learn how to measure threads.

Well this one had no threads on it at all. I had to mount it up and thread it myself to what size I needed. Because it was a 8mm stem I just threaded it to 8. Lots of the old ones had no threads so they are ripe to be threaded. Anything I can help on just let me know.

Not sure which Sheaffer it was.

hewunch

Chris, great work as usual. I love the fact you used the screwdrivers. Was the nib bent a little? I can't tell. Does it still work well if it is? Thx

apple320

IQUOTE=hewunch;1306104]Chris, great work as usual. I love the fact you used the screwdrivers. Was the nib bent a little? I can't tell. Does it still work well if it is? Thx[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much
Nib I really don't think so as I have lots of other Sheaffer wrap around nibs that have the same swoop at the end but I can't say for 100% But yes it does work great as it is so I will not play round with it.

apple320

Very nicely done. I am glad to see that someone else appreciates the ability to recycle parts and to make new things from old. 'Green' before being green was 'in'...

Kevin
Alabama

Thank you.

Then you would love the bench I built for my wife at

http://many-hues.blogspot.com/2011/10/sundays-studio-re-vamp.html

I was all made up out of found stuff. The sides were from a place that had a bunch of SKF bearing boxes that are just sides and brackets on the corners that slide down over the one below and a bottom base. The wheels were from two wrecked shopping carts that I found in the river by the house. My nick name around my outlaws is ditch pig. They all poke fun but are the first to have their hands out when I arrive back home with my treasures lol

Top Bottom