Old Glory

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rollerbob

Rollerbob

Just had to try me one of these and I'm here to tell you...........this kit is not for the blind, the weak or the faint at heart. Geez, the stars are about the size of seed ticks(for you who haven't had the pleasure of knowing seed ticks, they are about the size of a grain of pepper)and you gotta put them lil buggars in the holes. Well, I shake so bad that I could thread a Singer sewing machine with it running wide open, so I chased stars for a while. Thank God my son gave me a lighted magnafying glass, so that made it a little easier. But after assembly, I like it! Would I make another?.......how much you got?

Attachments

• Old Glory 003.jpg
    Old Glory 003.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Just had to try me one of these and I'm here to tell you...........this kit is not for the blind, the weak or the faint at heart. Geez, the stars are about the size of seed ticks(for you who haven't had the pleasure of knowing seed ticks, they are about the size of a grain of pepper)and you gotta put them lil buggars in the holes. Well, I shake so bad that I could thread a Singer sewing machine with it running wide open, so I chased stars for a while. Thank God my son gave me a lighted magnafying glass, so that made it a little easier. But after assembly, I like it! Would I make another?.......how much you got?

That's a line that should be entered into the IAP "Hall of Fame"

Nice pen, good job!!! But GREAT explanation!!!

Ya suppose if we asked nicely, Barack could have all them stars that used to be the states, just replaced by ONE - the fed govt???

Be a MUCH easier flag to assemble!!! And the states are mostly bankrupt anyhow!

johnnycnc

Bob, looking good, those colors are outstanding/brilliant.
I'm glad you have the patience for those stars, I don't know if they
would make it at my house.:biggrin:

shull

Rollerbob,
You are correct it is a real challenge but it sure looks good once it is done...once you can focus on it again :biggrin:

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Really nice to see that in a Sierra, Bob. I was thinking of getting one. Yours is great, beautiful colors!

But, well, who's going to pick up all the pieces that you didn't use?

hewunch

Bob, my first one blew all to pieces. Because I did what I was told not to. That's right, I used a barrel trimmer. My next door neighbor came running over, he thought I was in distress... He was right.
But it was fixable. So you live and learn.
You did great. Next time try to get rid of the red line between the stars and stripes. But I am guessing you already knew that. :tongue::)

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Excellant job on this USA pen Bob . I gotta hand it to ya . You have much more patience than I . That lighted magnifier sounds like a great idea . What am I waiting for ? My son to get me one , Huh ? Nice pen Bob !

ldb2000

Great pen Bob , a fantastic first try . To help with the stars , go to your local hobby shop and buy some "Tacky Stix" . It's like a toothpick with a little dot of sticky stuff on the end . It really helps picking up the stars and putting them in the blank .

Rollerbob

Thanks to all of you, you make a guy smile!! I'm liking the one star idea and also the tacky stix. Needed a bit more triming, but when you see all those little pieces you just glues in, spinning, it hard to put a tool against them. Oh well.

cnirenberg

Bob,
Great job on the stars and stripes, you would have made dear old Betsy Ross proud. Beautiful job on the finish. You are on target there with the "not for the blind" comment, I'll wait for my Mageyes to start this endeavor.

Top Bottom