Old Glory

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from vwa3guy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vwa3guy

thank you very much for the nice comments! eventhough it was about 30 degrees lastnight in PA, and my garage is not heated, I just had to get out there and get turning lastnight!!!

magpens

Nice looking pen ... very well finished ! I would never have thought of "treating" it with a flame before CAing. Would not have known from the pictures if you hadn't told us but maybe the effect is more noticeable with the pen in hand.

vwa3guy

personally I thought the wood looked too vibrant in it's default form. My first thought after doing a couple resin castings was "hey put some rub n buff on it!!!" but I didn't think that would work too well on wood to burnishing it was my next thought. I did remove a lot of the soot and burnt parts but it does have a nice weathered "revolutionary" look as I called it!

vwa3guy

Mitch, you're absolutely correct....... it seemed like the flame did nothing and then all of a sudden it was zero to black in an instant..... I light sanded and then ran a clean paper towel over 3 times after sanding and this was the result........ the nice thing is that it was wood so enough sanding would reverse most of it.....

Top Bottom