Old Baron?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from broitblat

broitblat

I turned this baron from alternative white marble (thanks to exotic blanks)

1_Alt_Marble__old__Baron.jpg

Only after I went to assemble it did I notice that it had a smooth end cap. I'm not sure how I got this kit (must have been old inventory), but I assume the end cap is from an older style Baron or perhaps the old Jr. Gent (I).

-Barry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobaltig

Beautiful pen Barry. I'm puzzled by your mention of the smooth cap as being from an older Baron. I've only seen one kind of Baron and everyone I've seen has a smooth cap. What am I missing?

Bob

ldb2000

New or Old that's a beautiful pen . I have a piece of the Alt Black marble and I hope it comes out as nicely as your Alt White marble did .
He means the front section Bob , the new sections are hex shaped the old were smooth round . It's also a nonposting pen as well .

Last edited:

mick

IIRC A while back AS offered non posting finials for the Baron(not included in the kit but sold separately) is it possible you bought it then? That's the only place I've ever seen them available. Butch as far as I can remember the Baron rollerball has always had a hexagonal section...only the Baron FP has a smooth, or round section
BTW great looking pen!

Last edited:

bobaltig

IIRC A while back AS offered non posting finials for the Baron(not included in the kit but sold separately) is it possible you bought it then? That's the only place I've ever seen them available. Butch as far as I can remember the Baron rollerball has always had a hexagonal section...only the Baron FP has a smooth, or round section
BTW great looking pen!

If by smooth cap you mean a finial like the one in this pic, it is indeed one of the non-posting finials that Bill Baumbeck used to sell. I bought a dozen when he closed them out and have a couple left. I like it a lot better than the stock finial. Wish I could get more of them.

0108RB102.jpg

Top Bottom