OK, you all asked.. So, here it is, my 1st Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Firefyter-emt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefyter-emt

This is the cigar pen I have been stressing about this week. Way to early to finish off the lacquer, but I had to have it for tomorow and doing this in the morning was just too close. But on the plus side, it polished out perfect. I screwed up a cartrage trying to line up the cap (Ya, I know..now!!) But I did have a couple more kits. Can I buy just one new cartrage?? Anyone got a spare from a damaged kit maybe? Anyway, I really like the way it came out, one minor flaw in the wood itself.. There is a spec of something in the wood as it grew (a tiny rock maybe??)and it shows as a dark spot and a slight high spot, but I can not do anything about it. I got bold, added a couple tiny strips of post it note to my mandral and turned a really nice angle cut Mascassar Ebony cigar tonight.

Tadahhh. Here it is, my 1st cigar in Olivewood over chrome.
526063.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Firefyter-emt

Originally posted by ligget
<br />WOW, that looks fantastic! Now go turn more[;)][:D]

I did... [:D] Here is the mascassar ebony ready to be sprayed with lacquer.. What do you think of my handle I spun out yesterday. I had been spraying them on the mandral, but this works better. The handle is center drilled 7mm and a 1/4-20 T-nut is pressed into the end. The rod is just 1/4-20 all thread. For the cigar I have two 10mm "sleeves" made from maple. I can just slide the slimlines right on the rod. For the slimlines I have some short cut up pieces of pen tube to space them. The nice thing is that I have 2 of these rod's so now I can be spraying 2 pens and still turn another on the lathe.

He handle has a round hook on the end so I can just hang the handle & pen to dry or slip the rod into my pegboard.. Works nice.

penhandle.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom