Ok, so I had to make one for myself

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

After finishing up my largest pen order I had a leftover cap for one of the ebonite pens. I know what you're thinking "How you can have any leftover pieces? It's not a entertainment center!". Well, while I was making them I was in production mode and made all my sections first, then bodies, and caps last. While making the "last" cap I accidentally drilled out to many of the cap threads to reduce the # of turns it took to close the cap. So with that the body I already had made didn't fit the cap anymore. So I set it aside and just remade another cap real quick.

After I finished the order I really REALLY loved how nice the pen felt in the hand. So yesterday I took that extra cap and made a body to fit.

Dimensions:

Capped: 5 3/4" ~ 146mm
Cap: 2 1/2" ~ 64mm
Body: 3 3/8" ~ 86mm
Body + Nib: 5 1/8" ~ 130mm
Posted: 6 1/2" ~ 165mm

Threads:

Cap/Body: 14x.75mm Single start
Section/Body: 10x1mm

Nib & Ink:

#6 Two Tone Jowo in Broad
Cartridge/Converter/Eyedropper

DSC05768 (758x900).jpgDSC05772 (733x900).jpgDSC05775 (900x888).jpgDSC05780 (900x416).jpgDSC05783 (787x900).jpg

Thanks for looking!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

How much do you sell BLEMS for? :tongue:

Kidding of course. That is a really pretty pen. When summer gets here, I'll have to turn some ebonite. But no way I'm doing that without better ventilation than I have right now.

Last edited:

jyreene

Add it to the list. One day I'm just going to stea....borro....take a really long look at all of those pens. Just don't re-open your pen case until after I move away.

Brooks803

How much do you sell BLEMS for? :tongue:

Kidding of course. That is a really pretty pen. When summer gets here, I'll have to turn some ebonite. But no way I'm doing that without better ventilation than I have right now.

BLEMS??? Gonna need to spell that one out for me. All I could come up with was:

Big
Lucrative
Ebonite
Monster
Scribblers

:befuddled:

Add it to the list. One day I'm just going to stea....borro....take a really long look at all of those pens. Just don't re-open your pen case until after I move away.

Don't worry...I have them all lined up waiting for you to "take" that last "look" :wink::biggrin:

Brooks803

I really love that pen, can't say why, but I've come back to this thread at least four times!! Isn't it strange how some things just grab you? :)

Thank you Steven! I have to agree with you. Ever since I made the very first one of these I wanted one for myself. I can't put my finger on just what it is, but there definitely is something that pulls you in :hypnotized:

That's a beautiful pen Jonathan. I love the color in the blank. Top notch fit and finish. Are you going show it off at the MAPG?

Thanks Dan! Unless someone makes me an offer I can't refuse it'll be with me in VA :biggrin:

OZturner

Jonathon, I am just going to have to learn, how to make "mistakes", like you do.

I am usually able to utilise an adjective or three to express my delight.
But I cannot find words to describe adequately the Simplistic Beauty of that Pen.
Congratulations, and Well Worthy of a Front Page.
Brian.

magier412

I absolutely love the shape of this pen, Jonathan. It's quite spectacular. One day, I look forward to trying a kitless pen - hopefully soon - and I hope I'm able to do even half as well as this. Beautifully done!

Brooks803

beautifull pen Brooks.May I ask what material is that.Is it cumberland?

Thanks Dale! It is Cumberland ebonite.

Jonathon, I am just going to have to learn, how to make "mistakes", like you do.

I am usually able to utilise an adjective or three to express my delight.
But I cannot find words to describe adequately the Simplistic Beauty of that Pen.
Congratulations, and Well Worthy of a Front Page.
Brian.

Thanks Brian! I wish all my mistakes ended up like this...I just got lucky this go around.

You still have my address right?:biggrin:

I do Perry...want me to send you the shavings? :tongue::biggrin:

Top Bottom