Ok i think i am getting casting down!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sumterdad

sumterdad

Here is a pen for a customer. The blank is one of our own casting. I think it is one of my best blanks so far. Please feel free to give your honest opinion.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sumterdad

Sorry forgot to post pics so here they are.

Attachments

• 2011-12-17_22-39-49_283.jpg
    2011-12-17_22-39-49_283.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 222
  • 2011-12-17_22-39-33_521.jpg
    2011-12-17_22-39-33_521.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 192

cwolfs69

i notice a hint of red on each end of the pen. were the pieces flipped after cutting to get the red on the ends. my point, was the red originally in the center of the cast.

almost forgot, i love the casting. and teh hint of red i questioned about looks great. kinda, is there really red there or am i imagining.

sumterdad

i notice a hint of red on each end of the pen. were the pieces flipped after cutting to get the red on the ends. my point, was the red originally in the center of the cast.

almost forgot, i love the casting. and teh hint of red i questioned about looks great. kinda, is there really red there or am i imagining.

The red that you see was not at the center I had it throughout but it must have been swallowed up by the other colors. The customer wanted something with red white and blue. But that is why I have to redo the blank. To add more red. I had the same as the white but I had to use a red from a oil paint rather than the color pigments that I used the blue and white from because I forgot to order the red.

sumterdad

GREAT cast. Reminds me of some work Jonathon's done before. I love the red touches. VERY good idea/accident depending on what you wanna claim.
Yea I guess it does. But I am in no way trying to copy him. I am just trying to achieve the best looking blank that I can make that will help my pens sell. Seeing I just started turning pens.in.sept. and casting blanks in october I feel good about where I can go with this. Not bragging here I say all of that with all of my thanks going to the Lord. Cause I wouldn't be able to do any of it if he didn't help me.

Drstrangefart

GREAT cast. Reminds me of some work Jonathon's done before. I love the red touches. VERY good idea/accident depending on what you wanna claim.
Yea I guess it does. But I am in no way trying to copy him. I am just trying to achieve the best looking blank that I can make that will help my pens sell. Seeing I just started turning pens.in.sept. and casting blanks in october I feel good about where I can go with this. Not bragging here I say all of that with all of my thanks going to the Lord. Cause I wouldn't be able to do any of it if he didn't help me.

Trust me, that was totally complimentary. You're definitely on the right track.

Top Bottom