OK, I did it

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Titanium15

Titanium15

I am new to wood turning, and even newer to pen turning. I posted my trouble with getting blanks to learn with, and several different people on this site sent me boxes of blanks to get started with. To say I was surprised would be a huge understatement. I openly admit to having a huge chip on my shoulder about how I have been treated in some situations as I use a wheel chair, and my youngest has Ataxic Cerebral Palsy. I never expected such wonderful, generous and kind support from people on this site.
One of the things I was asked by the people that provided me with the blanks was that I show what I am doing with them.
So, here it is so far.
The first is a comfort pencil in maple. I made this for my daughter as she has a hard time holding regular pencil or pen. The second is a mini sketch pencil, again for my daughter. The last two are El Grande in Teak(?) and a Big Ben in purple heart. I am not too happy with the Big Ben, as I had a lot of trouble getting the blank turned to match the bushings, and I just don't really like the feel of it. Not a refection on the kit, just how it fits my hand. I really like the El Grande. I am going to give this to my son in law, as he likes fountain pens.
Please go easy, these are the first I have done, but I would like your comments. And, please forgive the quality of the pictures, I do not have a really good camera.
Thanks for looking. And thank you all once again for your kind support and acceptance. It is so very much appreciated.
Stephen

Attachments

• Comfort Pencil for Em.JPG
    Comfort Pencil for Em.JPG
    182.2 KB · Views: 296
  • Mini Sketch.JPG
    Mini Sketch.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 266
  • El Grande and Big Ben.JPG
    El Grande and Big Ben.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 291
  • El Grande and Big Ben (2).JPG
    El Grande and Big Ben (2).JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 274
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ChewTerr

They look really nice, I really like the teak one in particular. I am impressed that you have already branched out to so much variety in styles. I have also recently started and am only just now trying to do something that's not a Sierra. Good luck continuing to learn!

But I agree, everybody here seems super friendly and supportive!

Tom T

Looking really good on these pens. Turning is so much fun and as you have found out this is generally a really nice place to hang out and learn some cool stuff. Keep posting those pens

Top Bottom