Ok, Finally Did It!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fleabit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fleabit

Here is my first two attempts at a cartridge pen. Tops are Sitka Black Tail Antlers, Bottoms are 30-06 (foreground) and .270. I cut the backs of the cartridges (like what Eagle has done) but don't think I will again. Line up is a little rough. Let me know what you think.

2005313154950_MVC-546X1.jpg

200531318117_MVC-547X1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Beautiful work, Fleabit. All of you guys with friends that hunt should be really popular this year. Being a "city boy", I'm wondering if a cartridge from a Mac 10 or a Mac Daddy could be used. We have hunters in the city. too, only they wear a lot of bling! (Only slightly tongue-in-cheek)

Fleabit

Ikorn: Yes there is. I turned down a barrel and added a small tenon so it would fit in the neck of the cartridge.

Thanks everyone for the interest and comments.

Thumbs

Oh, Great!
Just when I finally figured out how to get two pieces of wood stuck together, somebody comes along with even more ammunition to work with! Anybody out there got a tutorial on how to make these?

Those really do look neat! (Envy,Envy,Envy)

its_virgil

I vote powdercoating...harder than woodpecker lips...buy your own or find someone to PC them for you. No one here to do that so I bought the PCer from Harbor Freight.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Fleabit
<br />No finish. Just hit them with BRASSO cleaner. Havn't decided how I want to protect the brass on the future pens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom