Oh So Blue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Timebandit

Timebandit

Here is a new one. This is a new style for me and i Love it!:biggrin: This style will become one of my signature pens, just need to come up with a name for it. This pen will be staying with me as Blue is my favorite color and this pen just stands out to me:biggrin: so it wont even be leaving my cold dead hands:rolleyes::biggrin: This is some Blue Swirl acrylic with a #6 Meisternib and it is postable.

All Comments Welcome

Thanks For Looking

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0732.jpg
    DSC_0732.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 925
  • DSC_0733.jpg
    DSC_0733.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 941
  • DSC_0740.jpg
    DSC_0740.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 922
  • DSC_0735.jpg
    DSC_0735.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 929
  • DSC_0736.jpg
    DSC_0736.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 930
  • DSC_0737.jpg
    DSC_0737.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 906
  • DSC_0738.jpg
    DSC_0738.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 908

hewunch

Ok, first off, awesome pen. Second, where is the blank from? Third did you thread the finial or did you just make a tenon to slide that clip on it? Again, great job!

beachlover

Justin, that is beautiful! With the style of that gold clip the first thing that came into my head was 'Empire'.
Regards, Jon

Texatdurango

Wow, someone is looking like a top notch pen maker these days!, really nice looking. It appears that you modified a clip to get that shape, neat but am curious, is this a one of a kind clip or did you stumble onto a source?

Lenny

Justin, first of all congratulations on your 3 pens placing in the "Best of IAP" contest!

I can see why you would want to hang on to this one with your last dying breath! A fantastic blank made into a one of a kind work of art!

I too am curious about the clip. Is there a story to go with it? :confused::)

wizard

Well there you go......Shame on you again :biggrin:.. now I had to go back and pick a new favorite!!! I love the gold pieces on the beautiful blue resin. Looks like a flagship pen to me!:wink:. Doc

firewhatfire

man that thing just shouts class. I am slowly gathering equipment to make those. Seeing pens like these keep me pushing my limits, which I find lacking.

Phil

MartinPens

Now that's the kind of pen I would love to be able to make! If you ever get down to Southern CA, let me know. I'll put you up for a night in a nice hotel if you'll spend a day with me in my shop showing me how to approach this kind of pen. I hope to see this one on the front page.

PaulDoug

Justin, when I see you posted something, I always check it out. I'm never disappointed. You do some mighty impressive work. That is another beautiful pen.

avbill

Well Justin is your head getting Big! Exquisite absolutely exquisite! You should call it "The Blue Jewel"

There are several question that other turners have asked and I'm awaiting their answers:

The clip you used for the pen is very handsome. Did you make it or where did you purchase it.

Again this pen is for the record books in my opinion. for being simple elegant and beautiful.

OKLAHOMAN

My new favorite,.....no the Chunk........no this one.......no Black Rose.......no.....aw hell I bet he'll make my new favorite next week.

MarkD

I think this is one of your best Justin. I love the color and the shpae. The new clip takes it over the top!

bitshird

I agree with every one this is by far my favorite of your pens that I can recall off hand. but this looks so retro and smooth, kind of like the nice classic pens of the 30s outstandingly beautiful.
I don't blame you I would hold that one close to my heart forever.

D.Oliver

Wow! I'm with Roy; this is my favorite pen...until you turn your next one. I also like the "Empire" moniker.

Timebandit

Ok, first off, awesome pen. Second, where is the blank from? Third did you thread the finial or did you just make a tenon to slide that clip on it? Again, great job!

Thanks!! The blank is from a secret source.:biggrin: I usually tell all, but this is in short supply. Sorry:redface:

For the finial i just made a stepped tenon and glued it on. I know i know, glued it on. Well yes, this is the only way to attach it without making a finial that just every so slightly grasps the lip of the clip, but i just dont know that i would like the look of that, and if it would stay on properly. Besides if something happens to the clip and it needs servicing, everything is in the open and i can easily attach a new clip.

Justin, that is beautiful! With the style of that gold clip the first thing that came into my head was 'Empire'.
Regards, Jon

Thanks Jon!! I kind of like that name, i will see how it goes. Thanks for the idea!!

Wow, someone is looking like a top notch pen maker these days!, really nice looking. It appears that you modified a clip to get that shape, neat but am curious, is this a one of a kind clip or did you stumble onto a source?

Thanks George!! No modifications here, the clip came like that. Will let everyone in on the source later:biggrin:

Justin, first of all congratulations on your 3 pens placing in the "Best of IAP" contest!

I can see why you would want to hang on to this one with your last dying breath! A fantastic blank made into a one of a kind work of art!

I too am curious about the clip. Is there a story to go with it? :confused::)

Thanks!! I was really suprised to see all 3 of my pens in there. Especially 2 in one category.

The source for the clip will be revealed later:biggrin: No special story, just a special clip:wink::biggrin:

Very nice Justin.

Great looking profile, and its postable is it a friction post?

Thanks Lupe!! Yep, its just a friction fit. Nothing special needed:biggrin:

Well there you go......Shame on you again :biggrin:.. now I had to go back and pick a new favorite!!! I love the gold pieces on the beautiful blue resin. Looks like a flagship pen to me!:wink:. Doc

LOL!! Thanks grasshopper, im really loving this one as well. This one might just be the flagship:biggrin:

Now that's the kind of pen I would love to be able to make! If you ever get down to Southern CA, let me know. I'll put you up for a night in a nice hotel if you'll spend a day with me in my shop showing me how to approach this kind of pen. I hope to see this one on the front page.

Thanks!! If i ever head that way, i will give you a shout:biggrin:

Well Justin is your head getting Big! Exquisite absolutely exquisite! You should call it "The Blue Jewel"

There are several question that other turners have asked and I'm awaiting their answers:

The clip you used for the pen is very handsome. Did you make it or where did you purchase it.

Again this pen is for the record books in my opinion. for being simple elegant and beautiful.

Thanks!! My head is swelling a little!:redface: You guys are great for that!

I bought the clip, and the source will be revealed soon.:biggrin:

My new favorite,.....no the Chunk........no this one.......no Black Rose.......no.....aw hell I bet he'll make my new favorite next week.

LOL!! Thanks Roy!! I will try to live up to your expectations....new one in the works:wink::biggrin:

:biggrin:That's MY BOY!!!:biggrin: Just keep on keeping on! ARTWORK!

Thanks Dad!!!! Wouldnt be here without you.....litteraly:biggrin: i just keep on now:wink:

I agree with every one this is by far my favorite of your pens that I can recall off hand. but this looks so retro and smooth, kind of like the nice classic pens of the 30s outstandingly beautiful.
I don't blame you I would hold that one close to my heart forever.

Thanks Ken!! Im loving the retro look as well. If i dont call it The Empire, it will definitely be something old school sounding:biggrin:

Top Bottom