Official Licensed VT Pens and Stopper!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from GouletPens

GouletPens

I graduated from Virginia Tech in 2006, and I've had a dream ever since the very first day I turned a pen to make official VT pens. Well, after a year and an unbelievable amount of money and hassle, here they are! I went through the entire licensing procedure, and these puppies are completely legit. Insurance, licensing fees, royalties and all!! But I love Virginia Tech and I hope to bring hand turned pens to the masses. Please, let me know what you think!

Image 1) VT laminated acrylic pen with maple case
Image 2) VT Amboyna burl pen with rosewood case
Image 3) VT 8mm Euro & matching amboyna burl LO in bubinga case
Image 4) Vt kingwood bottle stopper in leather case

The pics need a bit of touching up, esp. the stopper one, but give me your feedback anyway.

Attachments

• VTAcrylic11.jpg
    VTAcrylic11.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 315
  • VTBurl02.jpg
    VTBurl02.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 291
  • VTBurlSet03.jpg
    VTBurlSet03.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 300
  • VTWBS01.jpg
    VTWBS01.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 278
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

akbar24601

Those are wonderful!!! Great job on all of your hard work. Your persistence has afforded you the ability to produce some very handsome products. Great Job!!!

Woodlvr

Looks great. I wanted to do Univ. of Utah and BYU items but I do not have the funds to try to go through all of the licensing requirements. Keep up the great work.

jskeen

Good Deal, if you can get some visibility with those at games or especially at an alumnus meeting, you should ensure yourself a steady market. Just curious, did you license the right to put their crest, name, initials, colors, ect, on just specific items? IE, is the VT logo legal only on bottlestoppers, or can you use that on pens too? Are you limited in what type of pens you put the logo on, and which specific logo, or can you use any variation of their trademark on anything pen or bottlestopper related?

Very curious about the in's and outs of the agreement.

James

Daniel

Time to get on a promotional plan. Commencement is on a few months away. Should be a great seller to friends and family of Graduates. Don't forget to stop by the Alumni office as well.

GouletPens

Good Deal, if you can get some visibility with those at games or especially at an alumnus meeting, you should ensure yourself a steady market. Just curious, did you license the right to put their crest, name, initials, colors, ect, on just specific items? IE, is the VT logo legal only on bottlestoppers, or can you use that on pens too? Are you limited in what type of pens you put the logo on, and which specific logo, or can you use any variation of their trademark on anything pen or bottlestopper related?

Very curious about the in's and outs of the agreement.

James

I have access to all of the logos, trademarks, etc. I can put anything on my products, but it all has to be approved for each specific item. For example, if I want to offer a pen with a crest on it and a pen with a Hokie bird on it, I have to distinguish them as two different products (even if they're the same pens), make them and mail them in for approval, and get approval to use them on the specific items. So basically I can make whatever I want, but everying burp and hickup has to be approved first. I have to have every marketing piece approved, even a little Facebook ad or something. They also audit my books and I have to file quarterly reports for the royalties. It's a real pain, but hopefully worth it!!!

thewishman

Congratulations! Licensing is a pain to get into, but can open many doors.

Best wishes on your legitimate journey. (Now you can be even more righteously outraged at all of the non-licensed stuff you see.)

Top Bottom