Ode to Dr Bradkenstein's spark plug

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I really like Brad's latest pen, the red spark plug. So I had a few hours today and had a go too. Some brass and black PR.
Brad's kinda old school and probably hasn't seen a spark plug in years, :rolleyes: cos most of them are now Twin Spark, with two thingamebobs on the end.
It was a quick bit of frivilous fun, but I really think his one is far cooler !!:)

Thanks for the quick bit of inspiration Brad !!!:wink:

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 690
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 695
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Well spotted Doc Brad !! I've made enough damned nuts over the years, so this quickie was just an old Swagelok nut that I modified.
I turned the threads on the cap though, does that count???:biggrin:

Edit; Hey you !!! You didn't make the nut either !!! Your material was already a hexagon to start with !!! Jeesh !!! Pot and Kettle !!!:mad::biggrin:

Last edited:

BradG

lol sure that counts. can have a point for that. I like the electrodes on yours though. well milled out. If you look at my piece of hex chucked up on the lathe you can see i left a piece to mill down but fluffed it and ended up facing it off on the mill, and then drilling the second hole for the lateral electrode. I could have threaded this and screwed one in but opted for a press fit. yours all being one piece is much nicer... though that would have been challenging with aluminium with the force of the cutter bending it.
When i fluffed it i was tempted to finish it off with a petrol Stihl saw.. but thought better of it :biggrin:

BradG

Well spotted Doc Brad !! I've made enough damned nuts over the years, so this quickie was just an old Swagelok nut that I modified.
I turned the threads on the cap though, does that count???:biggrin:

Edit; Hey you !!! You didn't make the nut either !!! Your material was already a hexagon to start with !!! Jeesh !!! Pot and Kettle !!!:mad::biggrin:

:biggrin: wondered how long it would be until you twigged on

jttheclockman

:)Hey Skip, didn't you make a spark plug pen some time ago?? I remember seeing a spark plug pen by someone here. I know not all the brain cells left to nest someplace else just yet :) It might have been for one of the Bash contests.. Someone please help.

Last edited:

jttheclockman

Greeneyedblackcat was very good at creative pens. One of the best that used to be here.

There still was a couple more that made it here too if memory serves me well.

Oh some of the talent that went through here.

BradG

There would be some good resistance in the dialectric with all those ribs on the first one Peter :)
nicely turned

Dick Mahany

Maybe the real reason my old Lucas Electric British ignition system didn't work when ever it rained out, was because I was using the wrong pens :eek::biggrin:.

Last edited:

theidlemind

You guys kill me. I hadn't seen a spark plug in years (diesel powered EVERYTHING) and now those spark things are everywhere. My son even shoved one under my nose today.
I need to make a fuel injector ink pen to really show how it's done.

Nice job btw:biggrin:

wizard

Now that's truly a pen that would spark some interest !!..Sorry..couldn't resist.:rolleyes: Steven, your ideas in the design of pens and abilities to bring those ideas to a fruition is amazing...Stainless Steel Bolt to Gold Spark Plug...hmm..at this rate, I'm expecting a Rolls Royce Engine Rollerball :biggrin::).

Top Bottom