Odd combo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DestinTurnings

Had a piece of corian that someone sent me that was too narrow for a pen. So I thought I would use it as rings on the barrels. I didn't have any dark acrylic or ebony so I thought I would try buffalo horn. I seperated it with some veneer. Its hard to see in the pictures but the corrian has "clear" pieces with some holo glitter in it. I over exposed the picture a bit so you can see some of the grain in the horn and corrian.

Not my favorite pen but I'll probably be able to sell it.

Attachments

• P23a.jpg
    P23a.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 152
  • P23b.jpg
    P23b.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 180
  • P23c.jpg
    P23c.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 141

ghostrider

Is that some of the stuff I sent you?

I thought I sent you two pieces so you could glue them together. If not, let me know and I'll send some more if you want.

Here's a pen I did with it.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/aero-corian-91810/

Of course, if you want, I've got a few other colors of the 3cm stuff that I can send you.

I like the segmenting with the horn, and I can see how using that as rings might look good matched up with the right material. It doesn't look bad in the pics.

I thought I sent you two pieces so you could glue them together. If not, let me know and I'll send some more if you want.

Of course, if you want, I've got a few other colors of the 3cm stuff that I can send you.

I like the segmenting with the horn, and I can see how using that as rings might look good matched up with the right material. It doesn't look bad in the pics.

Yeah...thats the stuff you sent. The pen looks so much better in person. If it's one thing I am lacking, it's a decent camera and the associated photography skills. My wife loves it. Says it looks like turtle shell. I didn't back paint the material or the tube. I wanted the brass to shine through and just get tinted from the copper colored clear.

Your pen looks great. I just didn't think I could get it to look right if I glued the two pieces together.

ghostrider

Yeah...thats the stuff you sent. The pen looks so much better in person. If it's one thing I am lacking, it's a decent camera and the associated photography skills. My wife loves it. Says it looks like turtle shell. I didn't back paint the material or the tube. I wanted the brass to shine through and just get tinted from the copper colored clear.

Your pen looks great. I just didn't think I could get it to look right if I glued the two pieces together.
Thanks.

It wasn't as much trouble as some solid surface to glue up. If you want more just let me know as I have plenty. (May even have some more PC tubes to send).

ETA: I've done plain tubes, as well as metallic gold, and metallic silver. YMMV.

Last edited:
Top Bottom