October is coming

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from trsmth

Status
Not open for further replies.

trsmth

My wife and I decided to do something for a cause that hits close to home. As many of you know, October is breast cancer awareness month and we have set up a special promotion that is going to help a little. I have started to make a pen dedicated to this cause. At first I thought I might get a couple of sales from this, but it seems that I might be quite busy for a while with this. For each pen I sell with this clip I am donating $10 to the Susan G Komen foundation.
breastcancer_thumbnail.JPG

I just got an order for 20 of these for a medical supply store. when they said they wanted to give one away at the end of the month for someone who has a masectomy, I said I will donate that one. My question is, Who does laser engraving on here? I want the one I am donating to be engraved with the phrase "I'm a survivor". Any info on engraving would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

here is a link to Ken at kallenshaanwoods for engraving.
http://www.kallenshaanwoods.com/servlet/Page?template=inlaykits
BTW what your doing is fantastic as the LOML is a breast cancer survivor.

gerryr

Check the yellow pages for "engraving." Most likely there will be someone near you who can do simple laser engraving. I use a local guy for simple things like names and what you want fits the definition of simple. I pay $5.00 to get a name engraved.

Ligget

Great idea, my Mum survived breast cancer after having a masectomy, lung cancer got her in the end.
Lovely pen, I hope you sell lots!

shawn394

I think I saw that clip in the spring/summer hut catalog. I think it was inside the front cover along with 3 or 4 other new symbols. Now I have to go dig it out and see if that was right. Great looking pen BTW.

Shawn

Edit - Found the catalog - It was a red ribbon that was new. The pink ribbon is on page 24 with the rest of the logos.

Snazzypens

Can you share with me where did you get that pen clip from as a my MIL is a breast cancer survivor and this hits hard to my husband and if I can make money for the breast cancer with my pens here in Australia Any suggestion
thanks Toni

shawn394

Toni

Hut Products is one place I know you can get them.

http://www.hutproducts.com/departments.asp?dept=141

There may be others. I don't know.

Shawn

cutterwoodjoe

Tom,
Great thing you're doing. I made a pen from a pink bowling ball for one of my students that was a breast cancer survivor I can't tell you how good it made us both feel. Keep it up

trsmth

Yes I did get the clips from HUT. The blank is cotton candy acrylester from woodturningz. I hope that this inspires some to get involved in this cause as well. Thank you for all the wonderful comments that I have received.

Ron Mc

Tom,
If I may, I would like to buy one of these pens for my wonderful wife. Yes, I could make one but this is very important to everyone involved and it is my way of commending you for a wonderful job. It will hit very close to home and she will love the fact that it included a donation.
If you can't get a hold of Ken or another engraver let me know and I will take care of it for you at no charge at all.
Please contact me off line.
Great cause!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom