Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jbostian

jbostian

I made this pen for my sister for her birthday. She is a Beatles fan obviously. I got the idea from an art piece she made for our mother. I made it like others have made the postage stamp pens. I printed out the sheet music to Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da and aged it with tea. Then I just randomly tore it into pieces and glued it to the pen. Then a coat of Modge Podge. Then finished with CA. Thanks for looking.

Jamie

Attachments

• Obladi1.jpg
    Obladi1.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 407
  • ObLaDi2.jpg
    ObLaDi2.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 222
  • ObLaDi3.jpg
    ObLaDi3.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

Heck---you should of used the album cover off Lonely Hearts club band.
Your pen is very nice but if you have the time-------:rolleyes::biggrin:

jbostian

Thanks for the comments.

Cool idea.:biggrin:

What's Hodge Podge?

The modge podge is a sealer/glue. I had never used it before this. I only used it because I watched a video from Penn State Industries on making a postage stamp pen. They used it before the CA finish. I didn't know what the CA would do to the paper and the modge podge was only like $3 so I used it just in case.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Thanks for the comments.

Originally Posted by skiprat
Cool idea.:biggrin:

What's Hodge Podge?

The modge podge is a sealer/glue. I had never used it before this. I only used it because I watched a video from Penn State Industries on making a postage stamp pen. They used it before the CA finish. I didn't know what the CA would do to the paper and the modge podge was only like $3 so I used it just in case.

Skippy, I can't believe he ignored your question!! :wink:

Hodge Podge is how my shop is "arranged"!!!!!! :biggrin:

snyiper

Here ya go Skip:

MP_2.jpg

celebrating.jpg
For over 40 years, crafters have used Mod Podge® for their most treasured creations. This amazing all-in-one glue, sealer and finish has come along way since its invention in the 1960s and has become a true favorite among crafters of every style and skill level for its versatility, dependability and value. It's a glue to adhere paper, fabric and other porous materials to almost any surface, it holds tight and dries clear. It's a sealer that protects decoupage, acrylic paint, stain, fabric and more! It's a finish that is durable, smooth and fast-drying! Non-toxic with a simple soap and water clean up makes it great for kid's crafts, too. Choose from a variety of formulas and finishes to suit your next Mod Podge project.

Top Bottom