Oatmeal Anyone?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

200863025031_Jr%20Gent%20Oatmeal%201.jpg

200863025054_Jr%20Gent%20Oatmeal%202.jpg

This pen was made for my mother in law who was impressed with the idea after seeing my first attempt below with the oatmeal euro. Its a Gold Ti Jr. Gent I finished today from a poly resin pour I did last month. The finish is LOTS of CA and then plastic polish and wax. The Euro tubes were painted darker than the Jr Gent. I think I like its color better. My attempt was "Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal" which I was inspired at the breakfast table.:) All comments welcome. Thanks

200863025431_Oatmeal%20Euro.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigShed

I like that, very creative. Interesting how the black tubes changed the overall effect.

Anxiously awaiting my 2 moulds (sorry molds!) from gadget so I can start doing this sort of thing.

Have about 4 different things lined up to cast, now make that 5.;)

JohnU

I added a bit of antique gold mica to the pr to add a bit of color but when you turn it thin, you lose most of the tint. I mixed a tan acrylic paint with a bit of satin cream paint on the euro. The jr gent was just satin cream. Thanks all! I have a few extra that I might offer here, but I have to see if these bring any more orders first.

Skye

I actually like the first one better. More creamy looking which complements the white of the oatmeal. I'm not sure why I like it, it's not a particularly attractive grain, but I like it.

Woodlvr

Very nice work. I like the darker pen also. Send me a couple of those blanks please, (read as begging).[:p][:eek:)];)

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
John, these are both really cool pens! The cigar looks more like Brown sugar and maple. I like the lighter Jr, Gent one better, though. I'd eat the darker one and write with the lighter oatmeal.

Did the Jr Gent blank have more oatmeal? Is that why we're saeeing the edges more?

I'd go for a blank or two. I like mine with CINNAMON.

toolcrazy

Originally posted by 1TJTurner

Now I have to give you credit! Those look very cool! I like the darker one best in my not so humble opinion.:D

That is a cool idea!!

And Jim, you should come over and join us at PNPTA.ORG. :D

mbuckley52

I think I will try casting one tomorrow, along with some dried crape myrtle flowers I have drying on the garage.
thanks for all the great ideas in casting, I am new to casting and have lots of things I want to try with it.
Does anyone know the guy that tried the Rose pedals I would love to see the finished pen
thanks

mark

JohnU

Originally posted by CSue

John, these are both really cool pens! The cigar looks more like Brown sugar and maple. I like the lighter Jr, Gent one better, though. I'd eat the darker one and write with the lighter oatmeal.

Did the Jr Gent blank have more oatmeal? Is that why we're saeeing the edges more?

I'd go for a blank or two. I like mine with CINNAMON.
I cut both of these pens from the same block. I think the Jr Gent came from the middle of the block as the Euro came from an edge which might make the difference. I dont know?

Thanks for all the the complements. Ive been trying to keep up with all of you here. The bars pretty high, I hope to get half way there.

bitshird

Eating Oatmeal with Cinnamon nearly every morning, I like the color of the Euro, but the Jr.Gent isn't exactly what one would call "shabby".As a matter of fact I think it looks downright delicious, :):):):):)

Top Bottom