Oak Burl Diplomat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JBCustomPens

JBCustomPens

Hey everybody,

I had to try some of the new kits Ed was offering.:) I couldn't go with out the Schmidt upgrade too.

Anyways, this is oak burl I got from Rodney a long time ago. It turned out beautifully, especially the finish. CA mm to 12000. All comments are welcome.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CaptG

That is a good looking pen. Nice job and the kit looks good to. Reminds me I got a 113 pound oak burl in the back of the shop that has been drying for the last two years. Guess I should start cutting it up.

bitshird

Nice pen, haven't tried those kits, I'm not big on the Sierra style, I like the Dayacom Elegant Beauty, but I've had too many returns with Sierra transmissions, not the pens fault, strictly customer stupidity, but still a return is something I try and avoid, I've read that by putting a piece of dowel in the top, it will stop the tranny from coming all the way off. Ed usually sells good stuff, I've heard these take a different bushing is that correct?

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
I've used several of these kits and like them a lot. Seem to have a very durable plating.
Ya better stock up Ed. I'll be taking a ride on the 16th.:biggrin:

JBCustomPens

Nice pen, haven't tried those kits, I'm not big on the Sierra style, I like the Dayacom Elegant Beauty, but I've had too many returns with Sierra transmissions, not the pens fault, strictly customer stupidity, but still a return is something I try and avoid, I've read that by putting a piece of dowel in the top, it will stop the tranny from coming all the way off. Ed usually sells good stuff, I've heard these take a different bushing is that correct?

Yes, they do take different bushings. The quality of these kits are the best I've ever seen in this style of pen: sierra, gatsby, etc. The twist really nice and smooth and you can get the upgrade refill right now for what most places charge for the kit alone! Ed's got a pretty good deal going on, and I suspect he will start getting a lot of orders real soon!:biggrin:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I didn't like the sierra tranny much, either.

So, when I had these done, I also had extra trannies made. While I have only sold a couple hundred kits, I have not had ANY return the tranny. IF it happens, I will be happy to replace at no charge!!

I have had 4 returned for "plating problems". So far, there was actually "goop" on them. The nib is a three piece assy. I suspect the "goop" is the glue that secures the three pieces. Again, I am HAPPY to replace.

We encourage complaints!!! We will replace, happily. And, so far, I am happy with the quality. So, I am comfortable ENCOURAGING you all to try them.

Thanks to Gregg for his kind comments!!!

JBCustomPens

I didn't like the sierra tranny much, either.

So, when I had these done, I also had extra trannies made. While I have only sold a couple hundred kits, I have not had ANY return the tranny. IF it happens, I will be happy to replace at no charge!!

I have had 4 returned for "plating problems". So far, there was actually "goop" on them. The nib is a three piece assy. I suspect the "goop" is the glue that secures the three pieces. Again, I am HAPPY to replace.

We encourage complaints!!! We will replace, happily. And, so far, I am happy with the quality. So, I am comfortable ENCOURAGING you all to try them.

Thanks to Gregg for his kind comments!!!

No problem. I prefer to deal with "people" than large companies. I think you get better service and quality of your order. I encourage anyone to try some stuff from Ed; he runs a great business and his blanks and kits are top notch! Btw, I was not payed for the preceeding words, just a happy customer!:)

Top Bottom