nurses pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rifleman1776

Rifleman1776

I made this for my wife's niece who just graduated from nursing school. The kit is from PSI. I generally do not use PSI kits because I am of the opinion their quality is less than that of the other major vendors.
However, here it is, a magnetic pen on a chain. The wood is.....what else for a nurse?....Bloodwood.
I don't like this kit and do not plan to make more of this model.

Attachments

• nurse pen open small file.jpg
    nurse pen open small file.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 313
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cmccarter

I also just turned my first one of these and was also not impressed. I uses a pearl white and it looks nice nut just not my thing. But I will make them for shows.

MattTheHat

I've made about a half dozen of them and given them as gifts. The recipients all have been absolutely thrilled.

The kits do leave a bit to be desired, though. The components are nice enough, but you have to turn a tenon on the cap tube, which I never seem to cut at the correct width. The cap fit is critical, too, because of the magnetic.

To be completely honest, I had to use replacement tubeAsian the first few I built, as I'd raided the kits for another project. It's entirely possible that the above two problems were caused by not cutting the replacement tubes to the exact correct length. The last couple I built, though, used the supplied tubes and the cap tenon fit was still a bit finicky.

-Matt

carpblaster

My sister n law wanted a nurse pen i called it, I did not want one that hung upside down so ink can run down, now they have the pen that you can just click it off your neck and click it back in its holder, i think all the nurses there bought some, something comes out about every time the book comes out new

Top Bottom