Number 3

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from warreng8170

warreng8170

My third attempt. More african hardwood from a bulk box just like the first one I posted a week or so back. This one is also CA/BLO.
I have turned several half-blanks just to practice finishing. Getting much better, but keep getting areas that look almost as if I have over-sanded in some spots. Hard to see in this photo. When I get a better lighting setup, I'll post some detail pics. Also, this is by far the shiniest finish I have gotten yet. It just doesn't show well in this photo.

Comments welcome.

-Warren

20084924512_DSC_2122.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Real nice looking wood ! I can see a nice finish . That's not a bad photo . Have you looked at some of mine ??? [:eek:)][:eek:)]

Tanner

Dang Warren, very nice! You must also have a nice camera. It's a great picture, not fuzzy on the far end like I see on some pictures. I think my third pen hit the garage floor...accidentally of course.

jhs494

Nice looking pen Warren. I have practiced the same way, turn it round, finish, turn off the finish and re-finish again. This will perfect your process.

Thanks for sharing it with us!

gerryr

My third pen didn't look anywhere near that good. I see one spot just below the centerband where it looks like you sanded through the finish. You might want to try putting on an extra coat of CA. Are you using micromesh on the CA after it cures? It made a huge difference in my CA finish when I started using it.

Top Bottom