Now That's a Father's Day

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from StephenM

StephenM

What a Father's Day. I'm on the Board of Directors for our local historical society and we're located in the Hawken House (built by the son of one of the brothers of the Hawken Rifle builders). Recently a family member donated a harvest table that was built by one of the sons and on Sunday I took my 11 year old daughter up there so I could do some restoration work on the table and the director of the museum took her on a personal tour.

When I got home, I asked my 8 year old son what he wanted to do and e said make his first pen! He picked out a blue acrylic blank and this is what we came up with.

Attachments

• EthanTurning.jpg
    EthanTurning.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 335
  • EthanPolishing.jpg
    EthanPolishing.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 300
  • EthanFinished.jpg
    EthanFinished.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 383
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Lar

Sounds like a great father's day to me. Nice job on the pen too. Won't be long before you will have to wait your turn on the lathe.

azamiryou

Ain't it grand how if we get to help a kid make his or her first pen, we love it as much as (or more than) the kid?

what's with the sign on the workbench? no whoopee in the shop?

That's the first thing I noticed, too!

Haynie

The smile says it all. I like these pictures of kids making things. I just can't interest my kids in it, and I won't force them. When it cools down my oldest wants to continue the welding stuff but nothing with wood.

StephenM

I loved it when my son did the same to me. I see you had a face shield on but your son did not. I think I have 3 in my shop

You can't see it in the picture but he had safety glasses on - but you're right - I do need to get an extra shield or two.

Let me tell you, it's hard being married to a millionaire, nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store but I have to draw the line someplace. :wink:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I loved it when my son did the same to me. I see you had a face shield on but your son did not. I think I have 3 in my shop

You can't see it in the picture but he had safety glasses on - but you're right - I do need to get an extra shield or two.

Let me tell you, it's hard being married to a millionaire, nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store but I have to draw the line someplace. :wink:

Does she have any single sisters!!! Great pen as well.

beachlover

What a awesome Father's Day!

[/quote]Let me tell you, it's hard being married to a millionaire, nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store but I have to draw the line someplace. :wink:[/quote]

We all have our burdens to bear. I am sorry your hardship is so great. :biggrin:

Top Bottom