Now, "he" says that they may not be good enough, seriously..???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from robutacion

robutacion

Hi folks,

Let me introduce a member that has been with us since 2010, he only posted twice and I recently became aware of his existence after he purchased some blanks from me, he has purchased before as I also found out.

His name is Brian Goldojarb, bpgoldo on IAP, he is from California and works as an instructor.

We had a little conversation via email and he sent me some pics of some of the pens he had made with blanks he got from me, some time ago and I just couldn't believe my eyes, this guy is good and he has great ideas on how to mix various materials within certain blanks...!:eek:

When I asked him why I never saw his work on IAP, he replied "I never felt I was of a skill level or had technique or information that would be helpful or interesting to the other members" seriously Brian...????

Well my friends, I let yourselves be the judge on Brian's work...!

And now that I "disturbed the pot" (sort of speak):biggrin: I will ask Brian to pick up the pieces and take over from here...!

PS: I attached one pic of one of the pens he made, Brian will be showing the rest to you all...!

Go Brian...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Attachments

• MAJESTIC JR - MYSTERY.jpg
    MAJESTIC JR - MYSTERY.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 591
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skeels

That's not good enough? Is he from Colorado? Cause man, that pen is more than beautiful! If I had the money, that pen would be mine no matter what the cost. BRAVO Brian!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
That is one stunning pen!

Brian - You took a great blank and made it even better with considerable skill and artistry.

Welcome to IAP Brian. :)

bfrazier

Hi folks,

Let me introduce a member that has been with us since 2010, he only posted twice and I recently became aware of his existence after he purchased some blanks from me, he has purchased before as I also found out.

His name is Brian Goldojarb, bpgoldo on IAP, he is from California and works as an instructor.

We had a little conversation via email and he sent me some pics of some of the pens he had made with blanks he got from me, some time ago and I just couldn't believe my eyes, this guy is good and he has great ideas on how to mix various materials within certain blanks...!:eek:

When I asked him why I never saw his work on IAP, he replied "I never felt I was of a skill level or had technique or information that would be helpful or interesting to the other members" seriously Brian...????

And now that I "disturbed the pot" (sort of speak):biggrin: I will ask Brian to pick up the pieces and take over from here...!

PS: I attached one pic of one of the pens he made, Brian will be showing the rest to you all...!

Cheers
George
George... What was the blank he utilized from you to make this truly exquisite pen? Absolutely breathtaking wood tones, not to mention the banding and segmenting!

Rounder

Hi folks,

Cheers
George
George... What was the blank he utilized from you to make this truly exquisite pen? Absolutely breathtaking wood tones, not to mention the banding and segmenting!

That is banksia pod which George masterfully makes and sells.

robutacion

Well, Brian may be having some troubles in knowing how to post pics and link stuff, I just emailed him and offered my help with that, if that is the case, will see..!

NOTE: I just heard from Brian, he is on the road and unable to post pics so, as soon as he can, he will participate...!

In the meantime, here is another pen he showed me, 8 in total I believe.

I can tell you that the blank was one of mine, the Truffle Resifill made with the worm holes wood stabilised with dye and then cast.

POST GRADUATE-DESERT OWL 2.jpg

Absolutely "different"..!:wink:

Cheers
George

Last edited:

bpgoldo

folks, thanks so much for your kind words and support. I am Brian Goldojarb, known, or to be known as BPGoldo on this forum. I have been turning pens now for about five years. I have been learning and reading the forum for about the same time. I will start a thread and share my work going forward. In gratitude to George, his support, and his materials, I will post one more that is my interpretation of a "bit of Timber" Palm Root blank. Please enjoy and thanks again.TYCOON - SPIRIT TREASURE.jpg

robutacion

folks, thanks so much for your kind words and support. I am Brian Goldojarb, known, or to be known as BPGoldo on this forum. I have been turning pens now for about five years. I have been learning and reading the forum for about the same time. I will start a thread and share my work going forward. In gratitude to George, his support, and his materials, I will post one more that is my interpretation of a "bit of Timber" Palm Root blank. Please enjoy and thanks again.View attachment 152874

Thanks Brian, please that you manage to find some time to post.

Is your "interpretation" of my blanks materials that jumped out when I first saw your work, your incorporation of other materials and where those are made into the original blank that makes your work so unique...!

Cheers
George

Top Bottom