Novelty custom FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dgscott

dgscott

The barrel was the result of playing with what seemed like an uninspiring striped blank. A little segmenting later, I thought it started to look like something out of the the Mission furniture style. The finial is engraved on the CNC mill with what is becoming a "signature" K for me (as in "Kairos Pens").

Thanks for looking.
Doug

Attachments

• missionu.jpg
    missionu.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 279
  • mission.jpg
    mission.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 217
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ed McDonnell

Hi Doug - Kynsey uses a K as well. That could lead to some interesting discussions if you start selling a lot of pens with your K mark.

Nice job on the pen.

Ed

dgscott

Hi Doug - Kynsey uses a K as well. That could lead to some interesting discussions if you start selling a lot of pens with your K mark.
Ed

I know -- their logo is a K in a circle, and I think the design is trademarked. No one, however (at least to my knowledge) can trademark a letter of the alphabet. At least, I hope not!

Thanks.
Doug

08K.80

I like it.

I'm new here and don't want to step on anyones toes.

I think I would have incorporated some white into the cap. With the black line on the end and butted up to the cap, it looks like the cap is a little too long to me. Maybe just a thin line of white across the threaded end of the cap?
I can't imagine how difficult it is to line up the lines.
I do like it.

I hope you don't mind, I added a couple lines real quick.

missioncopy_zps3a5b7056.jpg

Last edited:

SDB777

If this is a 'little segmenting later', I'd like to see what will happen when you get bored and go 'all out segmenting'!!!!:eek:

The contrasting colors will be the huge selling point on this one! White against black, is a show stopper!!!!!

Scott (super coffee drinker) B

Katya

Beautifully done!

I like it.

I think I would have incorporated some white into the cap. With the black line on the end and butted up to the cap, it looks like the cap is a little too long to me. Maybe just a thin line of white across the threaded end of the cap?
I do like it.

missioncopy_zps3a5b7056.jpg

This pen is amazing! I'm learning segmenting too, so have been doing a lot of thinking about proportions. Replying to Kelly, I agree that white on the cap might be a good idea, but I think it has to be the same width as the other black stripes. Mission design would keep to the same thicknesses. Just my $0.02.
Please show us more of your work!

dgscott

I like it.

I do like it.

I have to say, one of the things I like about this pastime is that there is no end to possibilities. My wife suggested some white material in the cap as well, only she wanted to see a small striped band to tie in the barrel. As for me, after days of tiny little pieces and sticky fingers, I'm glad to move on to the next one!
:)

Thanks for all the kind comments!

Doug

Top Bottom