Nouveau Sceptre in Mammoth Ivory

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ankrom Exotics

Turned this one today. It's my first Nouveau Sceptre from PSI. I dressed it in some Wooly Mammoth Ivory that I found in a box of scraps I purchased for making our 'Ice Age Mosaic' blanks.

The Ivory had a crack that I filled by vacuum/pressure casting using Alumilite (colored w/ Gold Pearlex and Mona Lisa Metal Powder).

The prop in the photos is a 12" long Mammoth tusk end piece that I found in an earlier order of scraps. Too cool to cut up so it now collects dust on a shelf in the living room.

Pict0003.jpg

Pict0006.jpg

Comments and critiques welcome. Thanks for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Not to found of those components but love the Mammoth ivory, great way to save with the gold Alumalite.

diamundgem

I love it. I think old stuff is fascinating. Like Kauri wood ,it's awful old and exciting to think it's really that old but it's kind of dull looking . Like a plain piece of cherry to me

johncrane

Like Roy! i'm a bit iffy with that kit, but i think you've done a great job with Mammoth Ivory, there wouldn't be too many pens like this one in the world, it's a real collector in my book.:biggrin:

wiset1

Love everything avbout it. Since I use the Broadwell kits I'm rather fond of the overall feel and balance of this pen. Some turners don't care for the kits, but I've found that most customers who hold the pen like the weight and balance as well. This pen is a winner in my book and the tusk just makes it special beyond a normal turn. Sweet

Thanks for the comments. This isn't my favorite Broadwell design but I don't hate it either. It's a kit that definitely benefits from an understated blank that's not too busy.

FYI..... David Broadwell is also a very well known custom knifemaker. We have the opportunity to visit with him from time to time at some of the knife shows we attend. Very nice guy.

Top Bottom