A Nouveau Sceptre

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Whaler

Whaler

This is a Rhodium/Gold kit from PSI done in Honduran Rosewood Burl. Sanded through 12000, 6 coats of blo/ca and a coat of REN wax.
Thanks for looking and all comments are welcome.

Attachments

• Rosewood1.jpg
    Rosewood1.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 284
  • Rosewood2.jpg
    Rosewood2.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 222
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sefali

I don't think I'll ever be fully sold on that kit, but you did a great job with it. The figure in that blank is stunning.

ngeb528

I, personally, love the look of the Nouveau Sceptre. Some day, I hope to be able to afford to buy one.

You did a beautiful job on it.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Beautiful job, Dick! One thought on your execution. For my taste, a "bling" kit like that asks for a more plain blank. Otherwise the wood and the kit compete for attention.

As for the kit, it's a pretty pen, but poor functionality. The fact that the pen is widest at the cap and extremely heavily weighted on the cap end makes it uncomfortable to write with. In my (never) humble opinion.

akbar24601

I'm not a big fan of those kits, but I think you did a very nice job with it. Nice blank and good craftsmanship on your end. Good job!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
I definitely agree that you did a great job with the kit, Dick. I have looked at it several times but just cannot decide if I want to try it or not.

All that aside, you made an excellent pen.

Top Bottom