Nothing Special But High-end For Me

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JD Combs Sr

JD Combs Sr

Made a few higher end pens this week. A couple of them are for a pen exchange on the SMC site.

These are the two exchange pens. Both are PSI Tycoons in Platinum.

Dressed in Cocobolo
IMG_3222.jpgIMG_3224.jpg
Dressed in BLM Burl
IMG_3225.jpgIMG_3226.jpg

This one is for a customer order. He wanted it as a gift for his wife. It is a very large heavy pen, I sure hope she likes it, if she doesn't it would make a dandy weapon to help her explain to him what she does like.
eek.gif
wink.gif
It is a PSI "David Broadwell Art Deco" designer pen.

Dressed in Blue Agate Tru-Stone
IMG_3237.jpgIMG_3239.jpg

C&C always welcome.

Edit: If you notice the rainbow effect of the background of my photos it is because I messed with the "Save As Options" in my photo editor and got them screwed up. Compare the rainbows in all the photos to the next to last photo. I figured out what I had done and corrected it so the last photo is OK.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

I'd often wondered what the difference was between the Tycoon and the Baron/Navigator, and I looked closely at your top two pens and found it. It's the Center band on the cap, Both pens look very nice, but I'm not sure what the BLM burl is, it looks a lot like Honduras Rosewood Burl, all 3 look well turned, and I do hope the Missus doesn't use the Broadwell as a weapon. (ouch)

JD Combs Sr

... I'm not sure what the BLM burl is, it looks a lot like Honduras Rosewood Burl,...

Thanks for the comments. BLM burl is "Big Leaf Maple" burl. I didn't think it would look as good as it does. It darkened to a nice rich coloring considerably after applying the finish.

Top Bottom