Nothing Fancy, Just Two Ebonites for New Year's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Robert111

Robert111

Did the green one last night and the olive one this afternoon. The green is a Churchill and the olive is a Gentlemen's II twist that I made as a new carry pen. It has a GREAT feel!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Robert111

Trying to Add the Pictures

Again I messed up on the pictures!

Attachments

• IMG_0241.jpg
    IMG_0241.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_0242.jpg
    IMG_0242.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0243.jpg
    IMG_0243.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0244.jpg
    IMG_0244.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 126

flyitfast

I was joking before, since the pictures weren't there. :biggrin::biggrin:
NOW, those are very good looking pens. :good: I like the yellow and black best.
I have never turned ebonite - how does it turn? Where is the best place to get ebonite blanks?
gordon

Robert111

I was joking before, since the pictures weren't there. :biggrin::biggrin:
NOW, those are very good looking pens. :good: I like the yellow and black best.
I have never turned ebonite - how does it turn? Where is the best place to get ebonite blanks?
gordon

Thanks for the positive feedback! Ebonite is tough stuff (that's why they cover bowling balls with it). As long as you turn at high speed (something I have recently learned), you can wear it down, but it's a long process. Best to start with a blank that's close to finished diameter.

You can find Ebonite at Indy-Pen-Dance and Exotic Blanks, but's it's pricey.

The thing I like about it is it's so tough in service. You can refresh the surface with some plastic polish.

I finished these simply by sanding to 12K and polishing with Hut plastic polish (any plastic polish will do, but PP is necessary to bring out the color and gloss).

Of course, it's the material of choice for many kitless pen makers because of its machining qualities.

Robert111

Robert those are some great looking pens. Where did you find the Gentlemen's II twist pen kits?

Thanks for the positive comments!

Yeah, I kinda blinked when I saw this kit. Like, why haven't I tried this one??? I've found I LOVE the pen. It has such a great feel, and the Ebonite contributes to that of course. Ebonite has a kind of warm feel to the touch. Never cold and slippery like resins (Invisavue is similar).

Anyway, I got it at Craft Supplies. It's the rhodium kit, so again, it should hold up to some rough service. And I like a pen without a cap for a carry pen.

wiset1

Great looking shape to the pens and the markings make me think of the jungle...

Top Bottom