Not your average gmelia burl! :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CharlesH

CharlesH

Hey guys,

This is a Jr Retro in black titanium. This wood is really voidy and soft but so beautiful! I have a few pieces of that stock and it is not the best. Took me a gazillion coats of CA to fill all the tiny voids.

Clicky the thumbnails and your comments are welcomed as always!

Charles

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NC Wood Art

haven't turned any yet but just got a chucnk of gmelia burl last week from Hawaiian Connection of mine. Sharp looking pen brother! Hope mine is half as nice.

gawdelpus

Passed Away May 11, 2015
In Memoriam
That is one smartly turned out pen, lovely wood, lovely finish, and lovely photography ,you should be proud how that one turned out :) cheers ~ John

marksman

Wow! Not to take anything away from any of the awesome castings and other creative blanks we see on this forum, but that is an amazing piece of wood resulting in a truly spectacular looking pen. Great work!

andy fischer

Took a look at your gallery and I am totally speechless. They are absolutely gorgeous.
How about a tutorial on your finishing techniques?
I see that you have used alot of the Sierra/Berea etc. pen kits and those are the ones that I love using as well.

CharlesH

andy fischer said:
Took a look at your gallery and I am totally speechless. They are absolutely gorgeous.
How about a tutorial on your finishing techniques?
I see that you have used alot of the Sierra/Berea etc. pen kits and those are the ones that I love using as well.

Thanks Andy,

Have a look there: http://www.penturners.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1237255&postcount=9 while I am on the go! If you have further questions don't hesitate!

C

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2.

Top Bottom