not up to par for the Bash yet.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Justturnin

Justturnin

Here are 2 attempts at a Bash pen. 1 is Cholla I cast w/ White and Copper Resin. I didnt paint the tubes and you can see it through the white resin on the ends. I went ahead and polished it up since I had already applied the CA. Next is my first attempt at a double dyed blank. It is buckeye burl w/ Red and Blue on a LeRoi Elegant. This in is cool because when you look at a blue spot you can twist the pen and it turnes red. Now to learn how to recreate that effect.

Edit,
Finish is, what else, CA. About .15mm thick.

C&C always welcome.

IMG_1849.jpg

IMG_1850.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

renowb

Chris, those are awesome! I see that is a dyed blank now, Is that one of yours?

Last edited:

Justturnin

I think you sold yourself short on the LeRoi. I like it.

Thanks, I really like it too but I would like more red in there too. It was a small 3" blank that I was testing on. I want to do it on a larger blank now.

Chris, those are awesome! I see that is a dyed blank now, Is that one of yours?

Yes, it is some shop drop buckeye that I tested some dying on.

renowb

I still have the cactus from you. I haven't got up the nerve to work on it yet. But I am going to soon and will post it.

Justturnin

I still have the cactus from you. I haven't got up the nerve to work on it yet. But I am going to soon and will post it.

I was suprised at how Easy the Cholla was to turn. This piece was a waste piece. I did not know the middle was closed so only half the blank filled w/ Resin.

Top Bottom