Not sure if theres a market for these.. never sold a pen yet

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gajic's Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brian G

Nicely don pen. I agree that it's staged well.

The prop complements the pen, and doesn't distract from the presentation. The light gray background lets the pen stand out and enhances the details of craftsmanship. I'm not a fan of dark or black backgrounds.

Rolandranch

Very cool looking pen. I know if it was on my table, it would sell quickly. Some pens take longer than others to sell but you'll only know what sells best by making lots of different types.

OZturner

Glorious Celtic Pen Rob.
Magnificent Blank that Compliments the Celtic Pen, as does the Celtic Cross Clip.
Excellent Fit and Fantastic Finish.
I appreciate that with the Exchange Rate , and Freight, that in Australia, we have to ask a substantial price for these American Sourced Pen Components, to even just cover our costs.
But as Seth said, you don't know until you try.
Regarding the Large / Heavy Pens, at my last show, I was successful with the Magnum Bolt Action's, and the Montague's, both are Large and Heavy.
And these Large /Heavy Pens, do attract quite a bit of attention.
Give it a Try, you Never Know.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Last edited:

hcpens

Bob,

What can you live with?

The cost of material (blank, & kit) plus time to make it, plus the selling location or market (the venue.)

So some of us use the 3 time our cost as a general formula to arrive at a baseline to price our work.

Your display, really made this picture POP, so little things like that can boost the price, even though you would not be selling the display with it.

Hope my 2 cents(USD) helps.

Bob,

What can you live with?

The cost of material (blank, & kit) plus time to make it, plus the selling location or market (the venue.)

So some of us use the 3 time our cost as a general formula to arrive at a baseline to price our work.

Your display, really made this picture POP, so little things like that can boost the price, even though you would not be selling the display with it.

Hope my 2 cents(USD) helps.

Yeah this is really tough. I have never sold a pen before and it would be to a friend. I also dont want to sell too low as i find that would devalue what we all do..

randyrls

Rob; I have given pens to many of my friends, (and they are still my friends). I have sold to friends at cost as a gift of my time. And one friend got hooked on pen turning after I gave him a pen. BUT he has forgiven me :)

This is a very nice pen good material, and a good match to fittings.

mecompco

Well, I'll throw out a number--I'm thinking (based on US prices) you've got more or less $25.00 into the pen, not including labor (just guessing on the blank cost, and I've no idea how much stuff costs where you are). If that were mine, I'd be asking $74.95 US. Just about in line with 3x cost formula (which doesn't always work out). In any regards, a nice looking pen.

Regards,
Michael

Top Bottom