Not Sure If I like it

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hewunch

hewunch

So, there is a guy in my church who is a big S. Carolina fan, went to a school whose colors are black and gold, plays guitar and is going into the ministry. So this is what I came up with, but I am not sure I like it yet. So opinions are appreciated.

fishersbjsm.jpg

fishersbj2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
It certainly wont be mistaken for anybody elses pen. It is a little to busy and disjointed for my tastes.

jkeithrussell

With all those bases you are trying to cover, it might be a good place to use a set of pens. One with the ministry theme (hard to beat BOW or Eugene's bloodwood crosses), one with the sports theme (label casting or team colors with engraving), and one with the guitar theme (a celtic knot with black/white/black pickguard would be cool). You could do a set of different sized pens -- maybe a click, a euro, and a sierra, or something like that.

Randy_

.....It is a little to busy and disjointed for my tastes.

I agree; but tastes differ. I've seen folks absolutely in love with pens that were so ugly they would not be allowed in my home or for that matter even in my city!!:wink:

I'd just give him that pen and be done with it. Bet he will love it. If you are not totally satisfied, you can make another one later when time is not a factor. Those BOW blanks with the bloodwood cross inlay make very nice pens for folks in the ministry.

BTW, even though I'm not crazy about the design, the workmanship is obviously very fine.

Rmartin

I admit I didn't like the look of the first view, but a second look from the second picture changed my mind. I like it! I think it would look better without the center ring segmentation though.

PenPal

Hans

Congratulations for your individual take on the need for a special pen for a friend as a former footballer it will test your friends christianity indeed when he cheers his team it often brings out some overwhelming feelings in me as I watch football in my country where the player protction gear is slight and these days quite like the ancient barbarians and gladiators with the one team and a few interchanges for the whole long game.

Symbolism is lost to me however he should be really excited and what a party trick explaining his new pen to others, like a conversation piece or painting on the wall.

Here in Australia we had an advertisement running some time back where an art expert was walking slowly down the room commenting with confident observations about each modernistic hanging and came to one geometric pattern, really raved on for a bit trying no doubt to impress the beautiful companion as a voice came from a guy behind saying thats the outlet for our air conditioning. (squash) Everything is objective or subjective figure this in next time you buy something special for your wife. My bride of 54 yrs and best friend for 57 yrs has given me numerous revelations on what she really likes and wants.

I really agree fly a kite with presentation of that pen so neatly crafted especially for him and let us know of his reception of it having up your sleeve or in your pocket another as a back up.

Right now I am still in the design stage next week in the production of a pen for you in our mutual swap, looking forward to your comments on that pen.

Kind regards Peter.

broitblat

Mostly, I like it. I think I'd like it better without the gold band, however, because that breaks up the rest of the nice pattern. YMMV.

-Barry

Bree

So, there is a guy in my church who is a big S. Carolina fan, went to a school whose colors are black and gold, plays guitar and is going into the ministry. So this is what I came up with, but I am not sure I like it yet. So opinions are appreciated.

fishersbjsm.jpg

fishersbj2.jpg

Hans...

I am not going to lie to you. I hate it.

I would have loved to see all of it in that nice swirly wood. I think it is done beautifully as are all the pens that I have seen from you but this one didn't sit well with me from the moment I first laid eyes on it. There is like way too much going on in there for my taste.

You asked. Sorry!
:frown::frown::frown:

GouletPens

I would say it's not the most beautiful pen i've seen, but I don't think it's really my place since I do own a Pontiac Aztek.:befuddled:

Top Bottom