Not sure which I like better

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BeeAMaker

BeeAMaker

I made 2 blanks the same but with different methods to get 2 different looks. Not sure which I like better so I will leave it up to you guys. One of them I made into a Tiny Giant pen, the other is for an Aztec pen but I forgot to order the Aztec from Turners Warehouse so I will have to wait until I am ready to order there again so I don't pay $7 shipping for a $7 pen :)

So you get to look at both blanks after I cast them, and after I turned them, However only one will be on a pen. :glasses-nerdy:

Blank 1
Blank_02a.jpg

Blank_02b.jpg

Blank 2
Blank_03a.jpg

Blank_03b.jpg

The pen I made with blank 1
Pen_21b.jpg

And a comparison to the other blank after turning.
comp2.jpg

I kind of like them both - Which do you like the best?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

I like the first one better, don't ask me why...!

On the other hand, I can see that your casts have far too many bubbles and that can only be a problem, what resin are you using and do you use a pressure pot?

Cheers
George

BeeAMaker

I like the first one better, don't ask me why...!

On the other hand, I can see that your casts have far too many bubbles and that can only be a problem, what resin are you using and do you use a pressure pot?

Cheers
George

Those aren't bubbles actually. What you are seeing are actually little "pimples" on the outside of the cast. That is because I didn't use my pressure pot when I made the silicon mold so it had a bunch of tiny bubbles on it's surface, so naturally the resin goes into these little air pockets when I cast to make pimples :) Because this is clear the pimple on the opposite side appear to be bubbles. I use a pressure pot regulated at 65psi with Alumilite clear.

I'll be making a new mold this weekend. I'll be sure to use the pressure pot on this one so i have a smooth surface to eliminate the pimple issue.

Thanks everyone for the kind words :)

Top Bottom