Not sure this goes here...but,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rcd567

Rcd567

The story behind this pen is somewhat complicated. Suffice it to say that a good friend of ours who got transferred a few months ago was a participant in an Officer involved shooting about 10 days ago. He is alright. Basically his wife and my wife are best friends, or at least were until he got transferred. Wifey told me she is headed up there in a few days for a few days and wanted me to make him a pen. I didn't have much time so I made a single barrel type pen. The wood is cocobolo and is amazing. When you move the pen around, the grain changes. My photography stinks. Anyway here it is.
pen2.jpg

pen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

Very nice! We all (well most of us anyway) have problems with our photos doing our pens justice. But his isn't the photographers forum. :)

robutacion

The story behind this pen is somewhat complicated. Suffice it to say that a good friend of ours who got transferred a few months ago was a participant in an Officer involved shooting about 10 days ago. He is alright. Basically his wife and my wife are best friends, or at least were until he got transferred. Wifey told me she is headed up there in a few days for a few days and wanted me to make him a pen. I didn't have much time so I made a single barrel type pen. The wood is cocobolo and is amazing. When you move the pen around, the grain changes. My photography stinks. Anyway here it is.
pen2.jpg

pen.jpg

That is called "chatoyance", a phenomenon some woods provided quite effectively, particularly when a very smooth and shiny finished is applied...!

No doubt, a great piece of wood and a well made pen, I'm sure your friend will be pleased...!:wink:

Cheers
George

Top Bottom