Not sure about this

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dgscott

dgscott

It's Alaskan Birch Burl with ebonite and a little Mammoth ivory on barrel and cap. I like the barrel, but not sure about the cap with the peek-a-boo finial. Criticisms gladly considered.

Doug

Attachments

• ABBWM.jpg
    ABBWM.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 282
  • ABBWMc.jpg
    ABBWMc.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 268
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

terryf

Almost looks like its chipped in the uncapped pic??

I would have opted for all black cap or bigger finial myself. Nevertheless, a nice pen I'd be happy to use daily.

dgscott

Welllll, it's got a step in the front, kind of like a priest's collar -- the idea was to reveal a little more of what's underneath. Maybe a mistake, maybe back to the shop, maybe sit on it for a while.

terryf

Welllll, it's got a step in the front, kind of like a priest's collar -- the idea was to reveal a little more of what's underneath. Maybe a mistake, maybe back to the shop, maybe sit on it for a while.

Perhaps a small step at 120 degrees all the way round ie. three steps in total so it doesnt look like a chip :confused: (Im thinking mont blanc sorta wavy pattern)

Janster

The wood is gorgeous! I find the finial area disturbing w/the "step'? Having NEVER worked w/Ebonite, is that about as polished out that it gets? Seems to me the section should be shining too! Be well...........Jan

Ligget

Good to see you thinking of new ideas, some will work better than others but hey, remember we penturners don`t make mistakes they are just last minute design changes! :biggrin::biggrin:

I think this is a beautiful pen. Wow very nice indeed. Maybe you could make the peek-a-boo finial more obvious? But all in all that is a great pen.

dgscott

I appreciated the positive comments (and the encouragement), but changed my mind and finished the cap in a more traditional manner. Buffed up the section, too!

I have to say, I like it better. Thanks, everyone!
Doug

Attachments

• ABBWMc.jpg
    ABBWMc.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 106
  • ABBWM.jpg
    ABBWM.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 106

Curly

I believe if you had made lots of notches, think of a Rook from a Chess set, a little Ivory dome in it would look right. Good looking pen either way. :)

Top Bottom