not sure

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from guts

Status
Not open for further replies.

guts

what this wood is,but think it might be plum or I might be plum crazy:)

2007314205358_100_0770.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jthompson1995

It's tough to tell from the photo. You'll have to send the rest of it to me for closer inspection and thorough testing.[:D][:eek:)][}:)][:p]

Seriously, I don't know what it is, but it sure is purdy.[:)]

They are all wrong, the pen is terrible why would you want someone to see that finish[?] Plus, the wood is bad for you, you need to send it here so I can dispose of it so you dont get hurt turning more out of it. It will not cost you a thing for my disposal services.[:D][8D][:eek:)][^]
Just kidding, very good job. Like the shine in the pen[:D]

chigdon

I have turned plum and it does not have anything in it nearly that dark (that I have seen). It actually has plum colored areas in it. It is not nearly as nice as that. Send me a pile of it and I will find out [;)]

Ozzy

First, let me say that that pen looks great in the picture but to give you my honest opinion I'll need to see it in person; so, go ahead and send it to me....along with some of that wood.[:D]
A guy at work gave me a couple of branches off of his grand mother's plum tree last year and it looked a lot like what you have there.

oldsmokey

Like Rob said, it is hard to ID the wood without seeing the bark or end grain better. I have some wood that looks like it. I got some large branchs thanks to a wind storm. The owner of the tree said it was a English walnut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom